Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1087 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Catherine Daze

About Catherine Dazestarstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/23/09
Posted on:2/13/11 11:10 AM

Gendun said... (4/13/12 4:29 PM) Reply
Thoroughly enjoyed your dry humour. (smiles) The dress is great, too. You've made me want to buy it straightaway!
Sue Parrott said... (3/16/12 2:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I may make this for my son's upcoming wedding. Thanks for the tips!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (2/15/11 5:23 AM) Reply
I think this looks fantastic on you and your review is really helpful for when this non-beanpole attempts to make it!
lamstu said... (2/15/11 4:24 AM) Reply
I think this dress looks great on you! Love the color and the fit. It seems that the iron on tape gave you a run for your money on this project, but it's just a funny story now to go with a gorgeous dress!
JETrinity said... (2/14/11 11:52 AM) Reply
You look so beautiful in this dress. You have a gorgeous figure for this pattern. Great job of sewing and describing this pattern.
Vintage Joan said... (2/14/11 10:53 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Great review, too.
dingyadi said... (2/14/11 8:52 AM) Reply
Stunning! I love all the styles you make, particularly the dresses, and this is a standout. I have this pattern and it looks terrifying to make, so am totally impressed.
Karine said... (2/14/11 8:17 AM) Reply
I've always loved this pattern, and your dress is absolutely beautiful.
mm said... (2/14/11 6:33 AM) Reply
Congratulations. It looks lovely on you.
Jali said... (2/13/11 11:04 PM) Reply
Its a gorgeous dress on you. And thank you for such a good review.
MNBarb said... (2/13/11 6:36 PM) Reply
I think you look better in this dress than the model with your height, shape and fitting details. The blue is so good with your skin tone and makes the dress look rich and chic. You are no longer an Advanced Beginner.
becca a said... (2/13/11 6:21 PM) Reply
I love the wrap details on this dress. I admire you for taking on this project and succeeding so well. Interesting that it isn't so comfortable. I may try it one of these days and I'll refer to your extra steps that they left out when I do.
FreyaStark said... (2/13/11 6:04 PM) Reply
Very chic. I love the colour.
Beek said... (2/13/11 5:17 PM) Reply
Great dress. And your boots are great with it!
Nan Kay said... (2/13/11 4:00 PM) Reply
Lovely, I can see where making a muslin with this dress would be very useful! Looks marvelous on you. I wouldn't consider you an advanced beginner after creating this dress!!
21wale said... (2/13/11 3:41 PM) Reply
Very nice! It's a unique and lovely design.
marjoriekh said... (2/13/11 3:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! You have the guts to tackle complicated looking things, despite still classing yourself an advanced beginner. Very informative review.
mylittleelephant said... (2/13/11 3:31 PM) Reply
Your review is super informative for those who want to sew this pattern, I do have this pattern and although I don't know when I would get to sew this, I sure will be coming back to your review when I finally get to sew, thanks a lot.
SandyTaz said... (2/13/11 3:01 PM) Reply
All of your hard work paid off. Your dress looks really fantastic on you. I could never attempt such complicated sewing but you did a beautiful job on this pattern.
Pattern Junkie said... (2/13/11 12:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!
Barbara V said... (2/13/11 11:48 AM) Reply
Very pretty! The style compliments your figure nicely especially with the great fit you achieved. Nice work and very informative review.
sewtime said... (2/13/11 11:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, color and style! Once in a while style trumps comfort!
sewtime said... (2/13/11 11:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, color and style!!!
Ecrulace said... (2/13/11 11:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - congratulations. I often wonder about the comfort level of some of these patterns - thanks for sharing

by: Mimsy Boro...