Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1225 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:stitchywitch

About stitchywitchstarstarstar
KY USA
Member since: 10/15/09
Posted on:2/13/11 5:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

gnrlyspking said... (6/24/12 4:15 PM) Reply
I agree, this was not an easy pattern. I think the skirt was too full for the bodice and the weight of it took away all of beautiful drapes. Also with all of the gathering on the bodice front and the skirt front bulkiness added by that made adding a casing for the elastic not very practical. And, you were right, I made the petticoat and when I tried it on it was lumpy under the knit so I had to remove it which was very time consuming with knit lol! I usually trust designer patterns and make it exactly as they say but I wish I had heeded the blogs and left it off. Overall I did not have a good experience making this dress but it is really cute once finished and I'll wear it one day and probably forget how much trouble I had making it 8-)
michellep74 said... (2/24/11 6:50 PM) Reply
Really cute dress! I love your fabric.
Tonimarie said... (2/17/11 10:30 AM) Reply
Great dress! I just bought this pattern and plan to start it this weekend and think your review will be very helpful. I checked out your blog and saw the other Tracy Reese dress you made & I love it too! I think that will be next!
SewWil said... (2/16/11 3:42 PM) Reply
Very cute dress! Great choice of fabric.
luv2sewbear said... (2/15/11 1:23 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this pattern! I have it and have been itching to make it but really wanted to see somebody else work through it first. I too wondered about the petticoat and thought the pockets would be difficult. Your dress is gorgeous! Great work.
lamstu said... (2/14/11 6:22 PM) Reply
This looks great on you and the shoes are perfect. Thanks for this helpful review.
becca a said... (2/14/11 9:38 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! It is so flattering on you.
ClaireEmily said... (2/14/11 5:48 AM) Reply
Very nice dress! I like your version better than the Vogue one ;)
sugarduck said... (2/14/11 3:31 AM) Reply
Cute, comfortable-looking dress (even though after reading about all the steps on your blog, I'm not sure I'd have the patience to sew it myself). Thanks for this review! ;-)
Jali said... (2/13/11 10:58 PM) Reply
Perfect fabric/pattern match. Beautiful dress on you!
Pattern Junkie said... (2/13/11 6:48 PM) Reply
Just lovely! (And I do love your brass pig...)
ButtonFaith said... (2/13/11 6:38 PM) Reply
I like this dress! Although it's not something I would wear, I had been wondering how it made up; interesting about the crinoline which I hadn't noticed! Thanks for the extra photos on your blog - they help!
cleverkitty said... (2/13/11 6:21 PM) Reply
You have me wanting to make this dress by the way you look in it but not by the directions. I think the color is so BEAUTIFUL. Very Nice review
Christas said... (2/13/11 5:17 PM) Reply
Very nice review. Your dress looks so pretty on you!
Beek said... (2/13/11 5:15 PM) Reply
Darling Dress! I love your choice of fabric.

by: MrsCharism...