Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2682 (Women's Tops)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:2/13/11 6:15 PM
Last Updated:2/13/11 6:17 PM

MelissaB in WA said... (2/14/11 2:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I am wearing the same top in red cotton/lyrca jersey today. I just adore Jalie patterns.
JETrinity said... (2/14/11 12:01 PM) Reply
You have the latest 2011 summer color and it looks so great on you.
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/14/11 11:04 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
Elemenopeo said... (2/14/11 10:18 AM) Reply
It's so nice on you! I love the color. I have this pattern and now will have to go look at Mill End before they run out of good fleece (ha!)
newmama said... (2/14/11 7:06 AM) Reply
I am smiling at the pictures of you smiling! I am so happy that you have a project that turned out just the way you wanted it. It looks great, and the color and fit are just beautiful.
CurlyCrafter said... (2/14/11 1:52 AM) Reply
very lovely top- the color is wonderful! And you are much too pretty to be mistaken for a man - that just really surprises me.
JillyBe said... (2/14/11 1:01 AM) Reply
Darnit...I just stocked up on patterns for fleecy wintery warm things, and I passed on this one... your review is making me want to add this to the mix! What a great job, I agree the color is fantastic on you :)
Lori V said... (2/13/11 11:15 PM) Reply
Fantastic top.
Barbara V said... (2/13/11 10:32 PM) Reply
This is such a great top and it looks wonderful on you and you look wonderful in it. I think I'm going to make one very soon. Hope it turns out as nice as yours!
Erin D said... (2/13/11 10:21 PM) Reply
The color is beautiful on you. You should be proud of your lovely work!
Kathy in NM said... (2/13/11 10:18 PM) Reply
Great top! The adjustment in the back worked perfectly. I love this color on you. Congrats!!!
Mushywear said... (2/13/11 9:47 PM) Reply
This turned out PERFECT! I love the color on you too. I will have to try your swayback adjustment on my next version. I like how you've got a smooth look in the back. Can't wait to see your next version and thanks for the mention!
MNBarb said... (2/13/11 8:54 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I was just about to enter myself into the sewing hall of shame and then, voila! a wearable garment.
Christas said... (2/13/11 8:47 PM) Reply
That is SOOOO cute! I love the color too. It looks great on you. :-)
Immelu said... (2/13/11 7:49 PM) Reply
I love it! This makes me want to go and make another one.
Ericaeli said... (2/13/11 7:48 PM) Reply
This fits your perfectly! Thanks for the great review. Someday I will sew a Jalie pattern for myself, and this one is high on my list.
Annette1 said... (2/13/11 7:42 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, no WONDER you're excited! Look at that FIT ... just like a GLOVE. It's as beautiful color on you, as well. Bravo!!! :o))
21wale said... (2/13/11 7:28 PM) Reply
Wow, perfect slim fit! And I like the color. I'll say this is plenty feminine (; Nice deal from Mill End. I found a wonderful and dirt cheap Land's End Berber Fleece there and used it for a zippered jacket. Maybe this is a silly question...but did you take the swayback fisheye dart in the pattern piece or the garment?
The Funky Seamstress said... (2/13/11 7:17 PM) Reply
This looks so great! I know what you mean about having to make "girly" clothes. I have short hair and have the same problem! I plan on making a Jalie hoodie soon. Great review!
mhk3boys said... (2/13/11 7:04 PM) Reply
Wow! That top looks SOO great on you! I love the fit and color!
mickisews said... (2/13/11 7:01 PM) Reply
Beautiful !!
BettyMike said... (2/13/11 6:57 PM) Reply
Great job Barb! I love this pattern, I think I've made it 4 times in long sleeves and 1 sleeveless. Love that color on you!
cleverkitty said... (2/13/11 6:41 PM) Reply
I just discovered I have a swayback and I like your description on how you did it, I understand it. I love this on you, it fits PERFECT!!!!

by: catintheha...

by: Ineedaname

WhatNots Paper Pattern

WhatNots Paper Pattern

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)