Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Linda Stretch Pant (Linda Stretch Pants)

Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 44 people

Sweater knit fabrics

lilikats said... (7/18/12 7:41 AM) Reply
Great review. I also found the 'shift' of the pattern in the way you described caused those diagonal folds to disappear. Magic!
idesign said... (5/22/12 3:19 PM) Reply
Great review and thanks for the picture of the shift in the pattern.
beth5646 said... (6/9/11 7:36 PM) Reply
Great pants. I will try this pattern. Thanks for the great review,
Ann's Fashion Studio said... (4/23/11 7:16 PM) Reply
Great looking pair of pants...I love this style in RTW so I am ordering this pattern to try them out. Fabric.com has bengaline fabric..hoping it is the right stuff :) Thank you for such a great review.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (2/15/11 9:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review Belinda. Your pants look like a perfect fit!
Sew4Fun said... (2/14/11 4:54 PM) Reply
Sewing for Fun, to increase the waist I simply let out the side seams above the hip, then cut a larger waistband. HTH
Sew4Fun said... (2/14/11 4:51 PM) Reply
JulieR, it's hard to explain in a few sentences but in short when I sewed the first pair, the grainline on the back leg didn't hang completely straight. I had these small diagonal folds of fabric (wrinkles) directly under the buttocks, on the upper, inner leg. I shifted the leg until the grainline hung straight and the wrinkles disappeared. There's a bit more to it than this, but this is the main jist of it. HTH
sewing for fun said... (2/14/11 3:10 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic! What method did you use for your waist enlargement? Thanks again for another detailed and very helpful review. I am ordering this pattern!
Nancy K said... (2/14/11 1:10 PM) Reply
A really good rear end fit for a woman with flat buttocks; perfect in fact. They are definitely flattering. I've been waiting to see a review from you on this company. Very interesting.
JETrinity said... (2/14/11 12:21 PM) Reply
I guess the lesson is not to double click on your comments.
JETrinity said... (2/14/11 12:21 PM) Reply
Nice fitting pair of pants. I like the elastic band that does not look like it is an elastic band with all the gathers. Thanks for introducing me to these patterns. I have bookmarked them.
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/14/11 10:52 AM) Reply
Very nice pants. And thank you for introducing me to another pattern company.
MNBarb said... (2/14/11 7:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I consider you to be one of the pants-fitting gurus. I have never heard of Bengaline and will have to do my research. I'm glad, with the cost of shipping that you have a new, and noteworthy, company in Australia. Did you notice how perfectly the back of these pants fit you? NO WRINKLES!
ClaireEmily said... (2/14/11 5:35 AM) Reply
Great pants! They do look very much like RTW, in a good way. Thanks for your very helpful review. If only RTW pants fit me at all I'd buy that pattern in a heartbeat.
JulieR said... (2/14/11 4:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Linda. How did you know that you needed to do the adjustment to the back (by that I mean what problem points to that solution)?
JillyBe said... (2/14/11 1:14 AM) Reply
The fit is fantastic!! These pants look like they'd be perfect in so many situations...I'll have to look in to this company. Thank you for a great review!
JenniferBee said... (2/14/11 1:05 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Belinda, great fitting pants. With winter just over the horizon these are my everyday winter pants, so will have to invest in this pattern:-).
julie w said... (2/14/11 0:33 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing these pants, they look great!
Taggo said... (2/14/11 0:25 AM) Reply
Belinda, have bought the pattern & material & was pleased to read your review before cutting out. They look a great fit & very flattering. Can't wait to sew them.
Yvonski said... (2/14/11 0:22 AM) Reply
I definitely have to try this company. Thanks for a great review.
Yvonski said... (2/14/11 0:22 AM) Reply
I definitely have to try this company. Thanks for a great review.
homejewel said... (2/14/11 0:06 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love the waistband. You will get a lot of wear out of these pants!
homejewel said... (2/14/11 0:06 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love the waistband. You will get a lot of wear out of these pants!
Vonnevo said... (2/13/11 11:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous pants, Belinda !!! Thank you for your VH review, I have been waiting to see these pants :) I have also seen the same RTW style made in a very stretchy denim.
becca a said... (2/13/11 11:12 PM) Reply
You have perfect fit on these pants! After your last review of this pattern company, I ordered one of their pants patterns. Now I just have to sew them up.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/13/11 10:55 PM) Reply
Awesome pants!!! What a perfect fit. I'm going to have to give this compnay a try.
Kathy in NM said... (2/13/11 10:05 PM) Reply
wow, great fit first time! these fit very well!!! Hmm.... thank you for sharing.
Rhoda K said... (2/13/11 9:40 PM) Reply
I really like these on you - great fit! ETA: I just checked their website and it looks like they reversed the front and back on their illustration.
Annette1 said... (2/13/11 9:34 PM) Reply
VERY flattering pants. I can't imagine anything you COULDN'T wear these with. The fit is spot on, too. I actually looked into this pattern company based on one of your previous reviews and was all ready to buy, buy, buy, but the shipping cost stopped me -- ha! They really have some cute designs though.

Merchant & Mills Top 64

by: Kate 88

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Favorite Things An Everyday Bag Pattern