Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2247 (Misses Dresses)

Reviewed by:Chris Kelly

Other Projects by Chris Kelly using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Picnicfan said... (2/26/11 9:24 AM) Reply
Thank you, Chris. It's an opportunity for me to learn how to put in an invisible zipper.
Chris Kelly said... (2/26/11 4:04 AM) Reply
Picnicfan, I omit all the stuff about the zipper and did an invisible zipper, I think the dress looks beter with the inv. zipper
Picnicfan said... (2/25/11 2:06 PM) Reply
I'm progressing with my 'trial' version of this dress, but I'm having trouble with the zip insertion. All other dress patterns I've sewn tell you to insert the zipper before sewing the facings, but this one says to sew facings first. Maybe I'm tired but I've read the instructions ( Picture 15) again and again and I just don't 'get' what's happening at the top. It seems I need tutorials on zip insertion. Apart from that I love the pattern and want to get it right.
4u2cme said... (2/21/11 10:13 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just picked up this pattern on Friday. I will definitely put it in my line up for a Spring or Summer dress.
becca a said... (2/15/11 9:18 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Thanks for the helpful review.
Chris Kelly said... (2/15/11 3:16 AM) Reply
As soon as my DH is at home, I'll have him take pictues of me wearing it!!!!
RadarRadiance said... (2/14/11 10:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I too have been looking at this pattern and I like all the bust sizes you get. I picked up some of the same fabric last year at Joanns but have not done anything with it yet. Dress looks great, finish her up and take some more pictures wearing it!! Very pretty.
JTink said... (2/14/11 9:17 AM) Reply
Love it! I'm so glad you reviewed this. I've been undecided about buying the pattern, but you have just made the decision for me. Gonna pick one up at Joanns this week, when they go on sale.
RLL said... (2/14/11 8:31 AM) Reply
This is so pretty. Spring and summery fresh looks pretty good right now!
Ecrulace said... (2/14/11 8:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress - great that you found the matching fabric. Thanks for sharing the specifics about the pattern. I too have looked at this pattern!
Chris Kelly said... (2/14/11 2:44 AM) Reply
You welcome, I've been trying to download for the past half hour and finally got them on here, ther's also a picture of the back, I just love this dress and fabric!!!
Picnicfan said... (2/14/11 2:27 AM) Reply
Thank you for adding a larger photo. I also saw your photos of it on your website. Your dress is beautiful.
Picnicfan said... (2/14/11 2:08 AM) Reply
Thank you for your helpful review. Your dress looks very pretty although the photo is very small and can't be enlarged for some reason. I'm also making this dress - first of all in a cheaper lightweight cotton and then I want to make it in silk crepe. Please could you post a larger photo so that we can see your dress more clearly? Thanks.

by: JayG