Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1213 (Misses' Coat)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:2/15/11 2:02 AM
Last Updated:2/15/11 2:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

Bonnie123 said... (9/30/11 8:48 AM) Reply
I tip my hat to you......lots of work and details. Great job!
janet said... (2/26/11 9:34 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS!
bananaoil said... (2/18/11 10:16 AM) Reply
Brava!
SewWil said... (2/17/11 4:03 PM) Reply
Wow! This is a stunning coat. I love all of the fabrics that you chose. It looks wonderful on you.
pegsewer said... (2/16/11 4:58 PM) Reply
Wow, I missed this one yesterday but it is wonderful! Love everything you do---
GrammaSewn said... (2/16/11 3:05 PM) Reply
Just great!
cleverkitty said... (2/16/11 2:56 PM) Reply
this coat is WOW you did it justice with the wool fabrics and colors, looks perfect on you. Amazing workmanship
JETrinity said... (2/16/11 1:04 PM) Reply
I have loved this coat pattern since it came out. You did a beautiful job of interpreting it.
Diane333 said... (2/16/11 10:39 AM) Reply
Oh, how beautiful and original. Just love everything about it.
Karine said... (2/16/11 7:58 AM) Reply
Wow! That's a masterpiece! I can't believe you didn't make any pattern alterations - the coat fits you so beautifully. I love your choice of fabrics. Great work!
NVK said... (2/16/11 6:57 AM) Reply
I love your coat. The combination of fabric is perfect. I love the buttonhole treatment. Your workmanship is exquisite. This was well worth the effort. You look great in the coat.
Annette1 said... (2/16/11 0:35 AM) Reply
Well, while I've been THINKING about making this coat, here you've whipped it out already in glorious fashion! Your mixture of fabrics/colors is beautiful. I had TWO WHOLE SETS of fabrics picked out for this coat a while back, then started adding it up and decided I'd better rethink it -- ha! I LOVE yours, and I'm NEWLY inspired! I first saw Sharon's, and I LOVE it, too!
sfshaza said... (2/16/11 0:12 AM) Reply
Just fabulous, Dorothy!! I love it!
Karendee said... (2/15/11 4:32 PM) Reply
Amazing coat with perfect fabric choices. It looks great on you and quite trendy. Great JOB !!!
marthamyers said... (2/15/11 2:32 PM) Reply
So delightful on you! Great choice of fabrics and fabulous execution. The pictures of the pattern pieces were also fascinating. Thanks for the review with the helpful tips for organizing a complex project.
JillyBe said... (2/15/11 1:33 PM) Reply
LOVE your rendition of this coat! Fun combo of fabrics, & it looks like you did a fabulous job of construction. I have this pattern, you've added to my inspiration, now all I need is time & energy!!!
ALY said... (2/15/11 12:20 PM) Reply
I love your version of this coat. It is so pretty and unique.
magoe6217 said... (2/15/11 11:58 AM) Reply
This is a total showstopper. All your time and effort really paid off and it will never go out of style. Bravo!
Ann Smith said... (2/15/11 11:49 AM) Reply
And you didn't think you would wear it! It looks great on you. You have inspired me to gather up 6 fabrics....
Ericaeli said... (2/15/11 10:41 AM) Reply
Wow, this is an amazing coat! I really like all the different fabrics you used to make it. It looks great on you too.
MamaSewing said... (2/15/11 10:40 AM) Reply
Amazing, I can't even imagine keeping all those pieces straight! You did a wonderful job with choosing the different fabrics. I am sooo impressed!
Barbara V said... (2/15/11 10:31 AM) Reply
You have infused much creativity into your stunning coat! The fabrics are beautiful and your workmanship is thorough. I like your system of keeping track of the fabrics during assembly. Great work!
kkkkaty said... (2/15/11 10:00 AM) Reply
very very cool!
sewtime said... (2/15/11 9:11 AM) Reply
Wow!!! Fabulous coat!!!
Christas said... (2/15/11 8:55 AM) Reply
When I saw this pattern a while back I thought that it would be so difficult to get the right mix of fabrics. Clearly, you have picked fantastic fabrics to make your version of this coat a very nice and stylish one. Very nice sewing too!
carolynw said... (2/15/11 8:53 AM) Reply
This is so lovely and unusual - I can quite understand why you get so many compliments. I love your sewing room and as I get ready to set out into yet another below freezing morning I am so green with envy about the background of your photos - oranges on trees - I can only dream!!
Ecrulace said... (2/15/11 8:14 AM) Reply
Love the coat and your sewing room!
Ecrulace said... (2/15/11 8:11 AM) Reply
Love the coat and your sewing room!
mm said... (2/15/11 5:54 AM) Reply
I am stunned. It is fabulous.
michellep74 said... (2/15/11 5:36 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat!
sewinfrance said... (2/15/11 3:33 AM) Reply
Wow, what a superb coat! Your hard work paid off, its very inspiring!

Serendipity Studio Sew Serendipity Bag (book