Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2011-102 (Flutter Sleeve Blouse)

Reviewed by:Gecko

About Geckostarstar
OK USA
Member since: 8/24/05
Posted on:2/16/11 8:20 PM

inkstain said... (2/21/11 11:50 AM) Reply
I'm thinking we like the same patterns, as I was going to make this blouse and am now working on the gored skirt you just did in red. Do you think that this blouse might work better if Burda hadn't recommended/used fabric with a "hand?" I'm getting the impressio that only the softest chiffon/georgette will get the flow in sleeves and bodice that I hope for. Adding you to my blog list at Chanel No. 6
lamstu said... (2/19/11 7:01 AM) Reply
I just saw the Burda post with this pattern and was somewhat taken with it, but wanted to see a real person's version. And here it is! Looks lovely, and your many thoughtful comments will be helpful if I decide to go ahead. The fabric is very pretty and well-suited to the style.
Christas said... (2/17/11 6:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the sizing and "fiddly factor". Your blouse looks very nice on you. :-)
SewWil said... (2/17/11 3:58 PM) Reply
I also like the blouse tucked into the skirt. Pretty blouse and very nice fabric. I have this one on my list so I appreciate your detailed review.
JillyBe said... (2/17/11 1:25 PM) Reply
The blouse looks very sweet on you (especially tucked in) Thank you for your thoughtful review.
Lori V said... (2/17/11 7:10 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, the blouse is so pretty.
squirrellypoo said... (2/17/11 5:28 AM) Reply
Thanks very much for this review, especially for pointing out the (rare for Burda) sizing inconsistencies! I had this pattern in my To Do list, but I agree, yours looks better tucked in!
sugarduck said... (2/17/11 2:16 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. You're right, the blouse does look lovely tucked into a pencil skirt. Great job!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/16/11 11:49 PM) Reply
Lovely sweet blouse, I have been eying this one too, thanks for review!
cleverkitty said... (2/16/11 11:34 PM) Reply
love the style and the fabric is so pretty, very nice blouse on you

All About Linings