Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 102 (Thalia Pants)

Viewed 1926 times
Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:7/1/02 5:51 PM
Last Updated:8/6/02 7:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
said... (8/6/02 9:50 PM) Reply
Very good looking pants. I agree that a more narrow waistband would probably be better. I have this pattern myself and that's what I had planned to do. Isn't that amazing "growing" fabric incredible and maddening? I have encountered some over the years; I wish it were readily identifiable before purchase. Thanks for the helpful review.
said... (8/6/02 7:25 PM) Reply
I finally figured out why some of the pictures would not come up with the bigger area; the URL is too long to fit into the space for some reason(I don't know why it's longer for some of the photos). Just click on the thumbnail to get a photo big enough to see! And thanks, Elona, for the kind words :)
said... (8/6/02 5:06 PM) Reply
Those are very handsome pants, Lisa! Very becoming, too.
said... (7/12/02 0:48 AM) Reply
LizGo, I was surprised that my finished pants didn't really make me look considerably heavier, given the bulk of the fabric. I guess the drape made up for the bulk. I don't have any photos yet, but Heather Claus reviewed these pants over on Patternshowcase and she has pictures; it was her review (and the fact that these pants have pockets) that convinced me to try them. One little detail that I failed to mention in my review: I topstitched the vertical folds in the waistband to make them sharper and I would do that again.
said... (7/2/02 11:40 PM) Reply
EXCELLENT REVIEW! I am in the midst of my third pair of Daphne Pants- and have looked at the Thalia pants often. La Fred's illustrations are so stylized I always a bit wary of the finished product. I also am a med/large. Is this a flattering style? (I'm 5'6") Although I am fairly long-legged I was afraid this pant would make me look ......wide (?) Thanks Lisa!

SewBaby Snap Happy Booties Pattern