Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Hibiscus Shirt (Hibiscus Shirt)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

Last Updated:2/19/11 9:28 AM

JETrinity said... (3/13/11 1:47 PM) Reply
Why do I double click.
JETrinity said... (3/13/11 1:47 PM) Reply
Very nice job on your shirt with all the stripes. I really love it.
Karendee said... (3/5/11 1:22 PM) Reply
Peggy, this shirt is just beautiful. It is just one of my favorite patterns, and you certainly "did the pattern justice." I'd definitely make that style again.
blue mooney said... (2/21/11 3:16 PM) Reply
So cool to see this made! Love seeing it modeled in your new workplace. Could you be persuaded to teach any other classes? Can't wait for your PRO blog.
Harriet Rogers said... (2/20/11 8:10 PM) Reply
I have now made this shirt three times: 'an all time favorite. Your version with the stripes is lovely and original: I love it. Whenever I wear one of the ones I've made, , compliments are heard. A truly wonderful pattern by Sewing Workshop.
marthamyers said... (2/20/11 1:13 PM) Reply
Fabulous marriage of fabric and pattern. This is a SW pattern that I don't own (yet). Your review has inspired me. It's going on my wish list. Thanks!
BettyMike said... (2/20/11 10:40 AM) Reply
Nice looking top Peggy. I really love that sleeve inset. Lucky quilt shop having you work there.
carolynw said... (2/20/11 10:25 AM) Reply
Hi Peggy - I love your shirt - think the stripes really show off all the details. Have been on and off about this pattern - you are moving me to "on". You are brave workign in a quilt shop _ I could in my local one but know I probably would never bring home a dime. Should wear a "will work for fabric" sign around my neck!!
JDpenelope said... (2/20/11 8:46 AM) Reply
Looks like you made the most of this unique pattern. Very nice.
mm said... (2/19/11 7:07 PM) Reply
I love this pattern. Your shirt shows off the design beautifully and is very well sewn. What a great way to start your new job.
Annette1 said... (2/19/11 6:06 PM) Reply
CUTE top, Peggy! I really like the way the stripes play against each other. CONGRATULATIONS on your first day at the quilt shop, too. Have you already spent your first paycheck? Heh-heh-heh. :o) You SHOULD teach a class on this. I bet they'd love it, and you could make your next one while teaching.
Christas said... (2/19/11 4:48 PM) Reply
The smile on your face is so big that it's hard to see your new blouse! Just kidding! You're working in the fabric store to be near the fabric, right? Of course it's not to make extra money! I am sure your stash is going to be growing in beauty and size. Great review and I am so glad to see you sewing and looking so pretty and happy! And..... of course you got compliments at the quilt store! :-)
Catbird said... (2/19/11 2:51 PM) Reply
Peggy, I love it! And look at you standing there beaming, surrounded by beautiful fabric!! No wonder you got lots of compliments from the customers. They might convince you to run a few classes yet! I love how the stripes work with this pattern. You did a fantastic job and it looks great on you.
PegL said... (2/19/11 10:25 AM) Reply
Really shirt cute! Love your cute smile in the pic too!
Barbara V said... (2/19/11 10:17 AM) Reply
Pretty shirt, especially with the play on stripes.
Re Becca said... (2/19/11 10:13 AM) Reply
Love it! That is so cool! I love the hem and the sleeves, very stylish without being over the top. As for the 3 machines, it sounds like you have the work split up very well. Maybe i should move one of mine for a bit of a workout ;-)
sewtime said... (2/19/11 9:54 AM) Reply
What a cute shirt, great style!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/19/11 9:53 AM) Reply
What a FUN, upbeat Review, Peggy!! Neat shirt!! (Looks like something I'd "end up with" by making just a "few" mistakes on a project :/). Enjoy wearing it--the comfort and the compliments will abound ;)

Islander Sewing Systems Motor City Express