Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1232 (misses dress,flower and belt)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:2/21/11 2:05 PM
Last Updated:2/21/11 2:32 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
salsera7 said... (5/23/12 10:11 AM) Reply
Wow. This dress looks so fab on you. You did a wonderful job!
sewbarbie said... (6/4/11 10:13 PM) Reply
This is a truly beautiful dress and it looks like $2000. Thanks for the review, I will keep all your tips in mind when I do mine.
Ann Smith said... (4/27/11 10:38 AM) Reply
Gil1987: I would definitely interface that front overlay. So odd that they have everything else interfaced but that piece has to support so much weight from the flounce, it needs it more than most of the other pieces. I had a lot of trouble with it and you can see in the pattern photo, the designer did too.
gill1987 said... (4/26/11 4:45 AM) Reply
HI, I have just got this pattern and I am glad to read your comments. I am thinking I should inerface the front overlay, would you recommend that.
layla said... (3/8/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Wow! It's Absolutely Beautiful. Been waiting to see this pattern made up. You are the trail blazer Ann!
Sharon M said... (2/23/11 10:43 PM) Reply
Oh Ann, it's lovely! Thank you so much for the review. I also have this pattern and haven't decided yet if your review scared or motivated me to stitch this up!
SueV said... (2/22/11 12:10 PM) Reply
love it!
VirginiasDghter said... (2/22/11 11:34 AM) Reply
WOW! This dress looks great! The moment I saw this pattern I thought it was rather interesting. Thanks for such a detailed review. Great work!
Diane333 said... (2/22/11 9:15 AM) Reply
Striking dress! You look so good...perfect style for you.
magoe6217 said... (2/22/11 8:08 AM) Reply
What a beautiful feminine dress, and that shade of blue is wonderful on you. I doubt that I will be making it any time soon in view of all the work, but I'm so glad you did. Great to see it made up.
mm said... (2/22/11 6:45 AM) Reply
What a dress!
FreyaStark said... (2/22/11 3:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for a thorough and comprehensive review. Your fabric is a gorgeous colour.
UrbanSeamstress said... (2/22/11 2:48 AM) Reply
I've been in love with this pattern from the moment I laid eyes on it and your version only makes me want to make it even more! Excellent job!
Scheryka said... (2/21/11 11:15 PM) Reply
Thank you for heads up. I just bought this pattern. Your dress is very pretty and the color is cute too. Oh well, I guess I will look at yours until I get the nerves for the many pieces! Great job.
kim*brown said... (2/21/11 10:45 PM) Reply
Very pretty and the color truly suites you!
Pattern Junkie said... (2/21/11 9:54 PM) Reply
Great job -- the dress is beautiful! I've had my eye on this, but it sounds like a BIG project!
becca a said... (2/21/11 9:09 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Thanks for the heads up about the multiple pieces. I had no idea it was so complicated from the photo. The flower is a fun feminine touch.
Julia Bobbin said... (2/21/11 8:25 PM) Reply
Holy smokes, this dress is gorgeous! Thanks for the detailed review. You look fantastic!
DorothyK said... (2/21/11 7:30 PM) Reply
Wow. This was quite a project. It came out beautiful. Anyone inspired to make this dress will find your review invaluable. And how ice that all that yardage was in your stash. What will you buy to replace it? :-)
AnneMarie60 said... (2/21/11 7:20 PM) Reply
Wow! Spectacular results! Love the rich color you chose. Great hint about labeling pieces with the painter's tape. Amazing job!
beth5646 said... (2/21/11 7:05 PM) Reply
That dress is beautiful and fits you beautifully. I am so jealous of that picture of your upper back/shoulders. It fits you perfectly. Oh, if I could ever get there. Congratulations...another beauty.
Barbara V said... (2/21/11 6:42 PM) Reply
Here I get to see it finally! Really pretty! One would never guess at all the pattern pieces and steps. You executed them well and have a lovely dress for all your effort. The color looks wonderful on you too.
Kat B. said... (2/21/11 6:10 PM) Reply
Great dress! Thank you for the thorough review!
michellep74 said... (2/21/11 6:08 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! It looks fabulous on you!
Schnauzer said... (2/21/11 5:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, Ann!
solosmocker said... (2/21/11 5:22 PM) Reply
I love this and it looks wonderful on you! Great review.
Leora said... (2/21/11 4:56 PM) Reply
It sure was worth the effort, so beautiful!
cleverkitty said... (2/21/11 4:48 PM) Reply
So much detail, love the dress and the color is beautiful.
imsewcrazy said... (2/21/11 3:57 PM) Reply
Your dress looks amazing! And it looks really great on you!
manola6176 said... (2/21/11 3:34 PM) Reply
This dress is absolutely gorgeaous and the review so useful. I would never have thought that it was so demanding to be made. You look awesome and I much prefer your fabric than the one on the envelop
Ecrulace said... (2/21/11 3:29 PM) Reply
It is so great to see this dress made up! Congratulations - the style suits you very well
MNBarb said... (2/21/11 3:20 PM) Reply
No wonder you needed to make a simple knit top after this challenge. You look wonderful in your very detailed dress. This pattern just screams YOU!
SewWil said... (2/21/11 3:14 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!!! Looks fabulous on you. Thank you for the detailed review.
Vivienne said... (2/21/11 2:58 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous in this fabulous dress! And I love your new hair style.
valgal said... (2/21/11 2:55 PM) Reply
Wow! Lovey dress. Great detailed review.
Christas said... (2/21/11 2:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the construction on this dress. Yours turned out beautifully, and I love the color. I hope you will update when you get the vintage belt done. Very nice work!
sewgirl101 said... (2/21/11 2:43 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. I love it!

by: Miss Julie...