Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1165 (Misses' Shirt)

Reviewed by:ButtonFaith

About ButtonFaithstar
Member since: 10/29/05
Posted on:2/26/11 5:41 PM
Last Updated:2/26/11 10:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 42 people
Mandolin82 said... (2/2/15 6:00 PM) Reply
Klutzy said... (1/22/15 9:36 AM) Reply
I just read something that says the number of pattern pieces IS the criterion for difficulty ratings, which seems ridiculous. This one is even harder to sew than I'd imagined, but you sure pulled it off. Those pleats are picture-perfect. I think it's time to upgrade your skill level!
allegra15 said... (4/28/12 11:21 AM) Reply
I think this is really great looking! nice review too! Thanks!
grey ann said... (8/30/11 9:37 AM) Reply
This looks so nice on you. Nice work.
emlyjane said... (5/1/11 1:31 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great. Now I know what to do what to do when i need to sew pleats. They came out perfect
BaileyB said... (3/7/11 11:04 PM) Reply
Stunning! You did a beautiful job and it looks lovely on you. You've inspired me... I'm going to go for it!! Thanks for a great review!!
Dilly Deli said... (3/5/11 3:16 AM) Reply
Just beautiful!! So well made. It looks lovely on you. I think I might give it a try - you have inspired me!
JETrinity said... (3/1/11 5:31 PM) Reply
I love this pattern and applaud your persistance in not throwing in the towel.
lesliez said... (2/27/11 7:47 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks amazing! Aren't you glad you didn't let a little intimidation stop you?
SusiM said... (2/27/11 5:57 PM) Reply
Just beautiful! Very impressive work and fit!
lcdrbetty said... (2/27/11 5:18 PM) Reply
Job well done! Pleats look perfect from my view. Color is great, and beautifully pressed. I have this pattern and am waiting to want to spend hours on the pleats...
Lori V said... (2/27/11 1:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse.
MNBarb said... (2/27/11 11:39 AM) Reply
What a work of art. It's funny that I hadn't started reading you review and said to myself, ooh that's the most overwhelmingly-hard looking pattern in the book. You did it! I love the chambray version and all of your details are so perfect. What a great accomplishment.
Diane E said... (2/27/11 11:13 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful shirt. Great review with lots of helpful information.
betty bushwacker said... (2/27/11 9:15 AM) Reply
I think you just tipped the balance for me too on this one. Your blouse is absolutely beautiful and I'll be buying this pattern (because I need it uh huh...)
nellc said... (2/27/11 8:42 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks lovely on you!
Margie T said... (2/27/11 6:39 AM) Reply
A lovely shirt. Congratulations on your beautiful sewing and your perseverance.
beth5646 said... (2/27/11 4:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful shirt and I agree with others: it look great on you. Your strict attention to detail really paid off. I too have this pattern in my stash and will have to check for some appropriate fabric. I have wanted to make this shirt but was afraid it would make me look, at the very least: pregnant, but after seeing yours on you, I am beginning to look at it with a pair of slim black pants. You have given me a whole new perspective. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Mary Ann said... (2/27/11 1:18 AM) Reply
Wow! That shirt is beautiful on you and you did such a great job. Don't know when I've ever seen so many tailor's tacks in one place, but your attention to detail sure paid off.
PatW said... (2/27/11 1:04 AM) Reply
I've been holding onto this pattern, too, and am so glad you gave it a good review! I've been afraid to sew it because of previous reviews, but I might have to give it a go. Yours is very nice and looks great on you!
Ann Smith said... (2/27/11 0:59 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks fantastic! Those tucks are perfect. I'm so glad you persevered.
Lizzytish said... (2/27/11 0:43 AM) Reply
Your blouse is beautiful and you look terrific in it. I have this well as feeling intimiated. Your review has encouraged me to give it a go!
moushka said... (2/26/11 10:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You really inspired me on this one. The shirt looks fantastic on you - great colour, too. Perfect pleats, lovely finishing. An all-round winner.
carolynw said... (2/26/11 10:28 PM) Reply
You have done an amazing job - this shirt is really beautiful. I am in the midst of a shirt making binge and may now try this one - I guess I am going to have to be like you and put my reservations about this pattern aside and go for slow sewing with a lot of patience. I am hoping mine will look as nice as yours
Christas said... (2/26/11 10:05 PM) Reply
Excellent review! Your blouse is so nice and your sewing is flawless!
RadarRadiance said... (2/26/11 9:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and the lines are wonderful. Love the shade blue you used, it looks perfect on you!
Kat B. said... (2/26/11 9:02 PM) Reply
Nice job! Looks very professional.
cleverkitty said... (2/26/11 7:33 PM) Reply
this looks so nice on you. I guess it does not matter for the felled seam, what ever is easier. I do love that look, it is nice and clean. The tailor tacks you did oh my gosh, I bet your pleats were PERFECT!!! wake up call for me I need to be more like you, take my time and spend a Sunday on details :)
sewtime said... (2/26/11 7:06 PM) Reply
Wow,you did a fantastic job. Love it.
FreyaStark said... (2/26/11 6:42 PM) Reply
Agreed - a lovely blouse, and the high standard of finish is most impressive.
RLL said... (2/26/11 5:50 PM) Reply
This is very attractive. You did an excellant job!
hmacski said... (2/26/11 5:49 PM) Reply
beautiful work and the blouse looks great on you! Helen
The Technique of Underlining Garments