Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6079 (Pants and Blouse)

Reviewed by:cindyann

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

cindyann said... (8/30/04 8:02 AM) Reply
I really do look like I need to eat a meal in this pic don't I? I'm really not so emaciated in real life.
JDpenelope said... (8/29/04 9:47 AM) Reply
I first thought that was your daughter. My your are slender and look great in this outfit. I've put this pattern in my favorites. Thanks for all the tips.
mag said... (7/16/04 9:18 PM) Reply
What a nice color you chose for the pants. Very pretty outfit.
Debbie Cook said... (7/16/04 2:50 PM) Reply
Great outfit! I love the colors on you. I like the collar too, even if it was a rotary cutter opportunity! If there's a fit problem, I sure don't see one.
SouthernStitch said... (7/16/04 12:26 PM) Reply
Cindy what lovely colors on you. I think your pants look fine. I hate all my review pics.
cindyann said... (7/16/04 8:04 AM) Reply
penelope, the fashion fabric and lining are constructed separately including all darts but excluding facings. The facing is then attached to the lining and finally, the facing/lining to the fashion fabric.
JDpenelope said... (7/16/04 6:07 AM) Reply
Great job and review! (I put it in my favorites.) If I understand correctly, you sewed the pants lining to the fashion fabric and treated them as one. Does this mean there weren't any darts anywhere? I take it that method wouldn't work with darts...? Thanks, also, for the helpful links.
KathleenS said... (7/16/04 3:21 AM) Reply
Great outfit.
Mollykat said... (7/15/04 6:25 PM) Reply
Thank you for the link to the lining article. I was trying to figure out how to do exactly this thing - and there it is all written out for me. Hurray. Your outfit looks great - somewhat 20's or 30's retro don't you think?
jlg said... (7/15/04 6:08 PM) Reply
Great looking outfit on you. I like both the top and pants.
Meredith P said... (7/15/04 5:35 PM) Reply
These turned out so nicely. I have this pattern, based on your reviews of the top. Might have to try the pants. I liked the way you tapered the pants. Unique, and very helpful.
AnneM said... (7/15/04 4:59 PM) Reply
That does make a nice outfit! My thanks also for the links to those tips; I will have to read them over.
PVA said... (7/15/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit! Thanks for the review -- I really appreciate all the links to the Threads articles. It's amazing to me what we will do to make the perfect match!
candyo said... (7/15/04 4:00 PM) Reply
I love your outfit! I really should be lining pants too- doesn't take that much time to make an extra layer, and then I can use itchy fashion fabric!
Hilary said... (7/15/04 2:06 PM) Reply
I have been thinking of getting this pattern for awhile now~glad to see this review! They look very nice, and I like the tops you made too :o) Thanks for the tips and links! I often need to take out width at the hem, so this will come in handy.

by: sewtofit