Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1091 (WSJ Marrakesh Drawstring Pant)

Reviewed by:Patty the Snug Bug

About Patty the Snug Bugstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 2/25/10
Posted on:2/22/11 1:34 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Sewing Chick said... (2/23/11 9:14 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! This is my next project coming up, so your review was very helpful as well as the others. I really liked your blog as well. Great job and your pants look great on you!
Rebecca D said... (2/23/11 6:46 AM) Reply
Great fit and thanks for your ever so helpful blog post about your pants journey.
Christas said... (2/22/11 6:31 PM) Reply
Great looking trousers & such a nice fit!
Izzie said... (2/22/11 4:15 PM) Reply
Great looking pants! Thanks for the detailed review. It was interesting to see the side-by-side photos on your blog.
redrockcity said... (2/22/11 3:24 PM) Reply
Those look awesome! I've been following your progress on your blog and these are great. You inspired me to try making some trousers for myself!
wsm2408 said... (2/22/11 3:19 PM) Reply
They look great, I've just ordered this pattern and your review is very helpful and I'll come back to this review to help make mine.
michellep74 said... (2/22/11 2:26 PM) Reply
These are so flattering on you! I made a pair of these and love them--it's good to see that you do, too!
Q Valley Mary said... (2/22/11 12:13 PM) Reply
I too am on a quest for the perfect pants pattern. Thanks for a helpful review. I'll check this pattern out now.
Ericaeli said... (2/22/11 10:03 AM) Reply
These look great on you. I admire how hard you worked to get a pair of pants. I am going to remember this when I decide to tackle pants for myself. I have been reluctant to try this pattern because of the elastic waist, so it is nice to hear that they are actually flat at the waist. Maybe I will try them!
MNBarb said... (2/22/11 7:29 AM) Reply
Yay, Yay, you did it! You played/worked with this pattern enough to achieve a great pair of trousers. I know this is a lot of work but now you have so many options. I can't tell if the pockets you talk about gaping are in the side seam or near the side seam but take it from a woman who has lived many more years than you, they will gape no matter the fit of the pants. Thank you so much for keeping such a detailed blog on pants-fitting. It will be helpful for other sewists. You look especially cute in your new pants with the green cardi. Congrats on you persistence.
FreyaStark said... (2/22/11 2:59 AM) Reply
They look like nice comfy pants and a good fit.

All About Linings