Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2010-116 (La Grande Dame)

Reviewed by:TracyTheMaterialGirl

About TracyTheMaterialGirlstar
Member since: 11/20/09
Posted on:2/22/11 3:04 PM
Last Updated:2/22/11 3:10 PM
Larkin said... (8/6/11 1:10 AM) Reply
Checking back in - I made this dress and wore it at my wedding in July. Have you taken another stab at this one? I spent a ton of time fitting the bodice, but the dress was super comfortable and drew lots of compliments in the end!
Larkin said... (5/23/11 2:45 PM) Reply
Thank-you for much for this review. I'm getting ready to make this dress and was thinking about skipping the muslin. I'm rethinking that but will plow ahead, keeping your comments in mind!
PJH said... (2/24/11 4:36 AM) Reply
It actually looks great to me. I hope you can get around to adjusting the bodice but I know what it's like when you just want to put something away and not look at it for a while. Love your tulip comment! Thanks for the review.
becca a said... (2/23/11 9:44 AM) Reply
This is a lovely dress with potential to be flattering to you. The top looks too long and loose. If you figure out the muslin fitting issues, then you can use a fabric you like better in a color you find more flattering. I love the back detail.
ChristmasHills said... (2/23/11 6:33 AM) Reply
I agree with manol6176. Shorten the torso. Pull it out when the sun is shining and have another go at it. Go on just for me.
manola6176 said... (2/23/11 5:54 AM) Reply
I thing this dress is woth to be adjustedI think you should petite it and shorten the torso. Thanks for letting us see the pictures.
TracyTheMaterialGirl said... (2/23/11 4:01 AM) Reply
Sorry about the pictures - All fixed now and you should be able to see them.
dingyadi said... (2/22/11 7:34 PM) Reply
That is such a pity as it is a beautiful dress and colour. I hope in time you do get it out again and make the changes you want to make, it has so much potential.
MNBarb said... (2/22/11 6:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for fixing the photos or I wouldn't have been able to see that interesting back tie. This is a unique and fun dress. Oh, how I can relate to a sewing disappointment, I've had many.
manola6176 said... (2/22/11 4:11 PM) Reply
I wish pictures could be visible Too bad the dress is lovely

by: twistedang...