Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8407 (Panel and Godet Skirt)

Viewed 1975 times

Last Updated:7/15/04 6:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Skirts
Jan B. said... (7/16/04 9:48 PM) Reply
Another great pairing of fabric and pattern. You look terrific--I agree with all the above compliments!!
mag said... (7/16/04 9:06 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. I got a chuckle out of your comment about the sewing bug. It can be quite addictive, I agree. But I tell myself that there could be more harmful obsessions.
JDpenelope said... (7/16/04 1:49 PM) Reply
Jlg, Thank you so much for that list, and insights into your buying habits. Imitation is the highest form of flattery. Consider yourself flattered. PS My dh does our dishes--he doesn't like the way I load the dishwasher! Ignorance is bliss in this case.
Aunt Cathy said... (7/16/04 1:43 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful (as always) jlg.
SouthernStitch said... (7/16/04 12:38 PM) Reply
Oh I am so jealous :) -Another great item! I used to have a hubby-cook, but his replacement does not know what a stove is!
Debbie Cook said... (7/16/04 11:56 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Your things are always so pretty, both in color and style, and always look so nice on you. If this is your "sickness," I don't think you need a cure. LOL
Carina said... (7/16/04 9:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern! I think I have to add this one to my wish list. Beautiful fabric!
lilhoney57 said... (7/16/04 9:18 AM) Reply
Cute skirt, nice drape. Good job!
Sew Jane said... (7/16/04 9:04 AM) Reply
What a beautiful, gracefull skirt! Lovely work and you look lovely in it! I enjoy all your reviews very much.
jlg said... (7/16/04 8:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for your very nice comments. Penelope, my favorites are all online. I check out,, and almost daily because they have new fabrics coming in frequently. I have occassionally gotten fabrics that I didn't really like from and, but their prices can be great, and I've been very pleased with most of my purchases. For really nice fabric that I've yet to be disappointed in I like but he doesn't post new fabrics very often. Christine Jonson's site has great fabrics, particularly rayons and knits but also doesn't add new fabrics very often; you also have to subscribe to her service to buy all but the basics on her site (she is the only swatch service that I still subscribe to). Hope that this is helpful. Rebecca, I must say that I am definitely obsessed. I've given up almost all television, my husband's obsession is cooking so I never do that anymore and occassionally, I sacrifice sleep. This is definitely a sickness.
cindyann said... (7/16/04 8:09 AM) Reply
Love, love, love it! Great pairing of pattern and fabric.
CarolynGM said... (7/16/04 7:24 AM) Reply
Your skirt is gorgeous! I love that sort of style, but since I have to lengthen all my skirts 2 or 3 inches, I've stayed away from attempting to alter skirt patterns with curvy panels. So instead I take vicarious pleasure in viewing the creations of others! Bravo!
Rebecca D said... (7/16/04 6:51 AM) Reply
This is simply lovely! How do you make the time to sew as much as you do? Inquiring minds want to know your secret..
JDpenelope said... (7/16/04 6:23 AM) Reply
Another winner. You have the knack for picking patterns and fabrics that go together (I have no clue) and that are flattering on you. Also, your fabrics appear to be of premium quality. May I ask about your favorite fabric sources?
Danvillegirl said... (7/16/04 5:42 AM) Reply
Lovely skirt, love the fabric. Might try this one myself.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/16/04 3:13 AM) Reply
You wear it well!
KitnRose said... (7/15/04 9:48 PM) Reply
Very beautiful, love your choice of fabrics.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/15/04 9:38 PM) Reply
So lovely!!
GorgeousFabrics said... (7/15/04 8:49 PM) Reply
Oh, so pretty! I'll have to try this one. Great review! -Ann
Sherril Miller said... (7/15/04 8:22 PM) Reply
jlg, really, I want to see your wadders. Every single garment you make is so beautiful! It seems like yesterday you were calling yourself a beginner--I think you make the greatest clothes and this skirt is no exception.
Lisette said... (7/15/04 7:32 PM) Reply
Great skirt! I love the fit of Burda patterns.
Jennifer West said... (7/15/04 7:28 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt! Great job.
Lorna C. Newman said... (7/15/04 7:16 PM) Reply
OH WOW! Beautiful skirt, I envy you the patience for this one!
els said... (7/15/04 6:53 PM) Reply
I agree with all the above comments, another winner for you.
Levone said... (7/15/04 6:49 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. It looks good on you.
mudcat said... (7/15/04 6:42 PM) Reply
Your skirt is so pretty. Nice fabric.
Meredith P said... (7/15/04 6:26 PM) Reply
Ooh! I really like this one! Actually, I like everything you do. I appreciate your detailed review. It fits you perfectly.
Mel.J said... (7/15/04 6:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful & very stylish.