Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2960

Member since: 12/31/10
Posted on:2/26/11 1:14 PM
Last Updated:2/26/11 1:29 PM

pinkli said... (5/13/12 10:21 AM) Reply
fantastic dress. It suits you so well, and looks a million dollars (I can't believe it cost so little!). Great review too - very informative.
SewWil said... (2/27/11 3:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! It looks great on you. Love the color.
Mich23 said... (2/27/11 2:33 AM) Reply
@TerukoLynn - the bit I didn't get initially was when the pattern tells you to turn the buttonholes inside out. What it means is to push the loose square of fabric through the hole just cut so the little squares are now on the wrong side of the bodice. Then fold the bottom and top edges of the square so the meet in a horizontal line along the middle of the buttonhole, press and loosely stitch together. Once you've got the idea I promise it's easier than it sounds! Thank you all for such lovely comments.
cleverkitty said... (2/26/11 8:10 PM) Reply
Darling Dress on you I am crazy for that color blue so pretty and fresh.
TerukoLynn said... (2/26/11 4:31 PM) Reply
Looks great! I've had this pattern for ages and not made it because of the buttonholes, but maybe they won't be so bad after all. :-)
Athene said... (2/26/11 3:11 PM) Reply
You look lovely. A very beautiful dress
Mich23 said... (2/26/11 1:32 PM) Reply
Thank you very much. I'm just getting into sewing clothes, having only done a couple of things before (plus bags and accessories as gifts etc., and a simple soft toy or two), so I think I'm just surprised that I've done it.
Riordan said... (2/26/11 1:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty!! Lovely design and a beautiful color. "I got several compliments from strangers who were then shocked that I'd made it, and even more from my friends' who were equally stunned. I was quite stunned myself!"--LOVE your comment--once in a while I stun myself, and it is the most wonderful feeling--you captured that so well! Congratulations on this triumph!

by: chuichoy