Online Sewing Class: All About Linings

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1083 (MISSES' COAT)

Reviewed by:Kay Y

About Kay Ystarstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 11/21/04
Posted on:2/27/11 4:02 PM
Last Updated:2/27/11 4:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Phillis2 said... (1/9/13 4:44 PM) Reply
OMG! I applaud you!! I love what you did and I love this coat. I bet it feels like heaven inside?
solosmocker said... (12/6/11 8:29 AM) Reply
This is a spectacular garment! I plan on starting this pattern soon and your review and all the flicker photos are extremely helpful. Thank you so much! Did you get a bargain on that fur?? It's gorgeous.
BetsyV said... (9/4/11 8:31 AM) Reply
Kay thank you for the excellent review. I was sitting on the fence about this pattern, but now will jump off and order it. I remember reading your blog entries about this coat, and didn't remember it was this pattern until I searched here for a review.
FreyaStark said... (3/13/11 7:15 AM) Reply
An adventurous and impressive project, and a triumphant success by the looks of it. Well done.
Mahler said... (3/7/11 1:11 PM) Reply
What a sewist you are. This was an extra-ordinary projest. The output is more then amazing. I hope I get to try it out when I see you next time ;-) Congratulations !!! Once again, you impressed me.
Annette1 said... (3/4/11 3:11 PM) Reply
You are just amazing, Kay. Such SKILL you have! Your coat is beautiful. :o)
DorothyK said... (3/1/11 12:34 PM) Reply
This is an amazing project. I'm in awe!
Terri A said... (2/28/11 7:25 PM) Reply
Amazing knock-out job on that coat! Love the mink lining!
Margaret said... (2/28/11 4:27 PM) Reply
Wonderful coat! It must be very warm. It's intriguing to see this pattern in such a different fabric/fur.
bebrown said... (2/28/11 9:35 AM) Reply
Boy, I wish I had thrift shops near me with finds like that! Seriously, it's a beautiful coat showing real creativity. I have a coat similar to yours (same color) that I bought in a fur salon for more money than I care to think about! I'm just not gutsy enough to try sewing anything like that.
Karine said... (2/28/11 9:00 AM) Reply
That's a masterpiece! Your coat is beautiful and will be so warm! Thanks for all of the explanations and photos - they're very helpful.
marjenann said... (2/28/11 8:04 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing construction journey. Your coat is fabulous and incredibly inspiring! Annette
mylittleelephant said... (2/28/11 7:52 AM) Reply
This is just fabulous, you must feel like million dollar in it!
Fran G said... (2/28/11 7:06 AM) Reply
This coat truly highlights your talent. So beautiful! Well done!
Woolygal said... (2/28/11 6:55 AM) Reply
I can't even imagine thinking a about doing a project like this. If there was an oscar for sewing, you'd get it hands down. Congrats.
Wino said... (2/27/11 9:07 PM) Reply
Great coat! Thanks for such a detailed review. This coat is my next project and your review will be a big help.
Olivia Sews said... (2/27/11 8:05 PM) Reply
Wow!! I was thinking of lining a coat with faux fur but I thought I would have to make the coat a few sizes bigger to leave room for the fur. You don't mention adjusting for the bulk of the fur.
Lori V said... (2/27/11 7:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty coat, you did an amazing job.
Athene said... (2/27/11 6:29 PM) Reply
Such a wonderful coat, so warm cuddly on the inside and a great exterior for those cold wet winters.
KarmenG said... (2/27/11 6:15 PM) Reply
Bravo!! ; ) This is soooo wonderful and I'm sure you'll feel like a queen wearing it! Warm and regal.....so beautiful.
Christas said... (2/27/11 5:21 PM) Reply
Amazing coat! It looks very warm!
mastdenman said... (2/27/11 5:10 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat. Truly a work of art.
becca a said... (2/27/11 5:07 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous coat! It looks divine (and warm) to wear!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/27/11 5:06 PM) Reply
WOW!! Isn't it WONDERFUL that you can create what you can dream up??!! ;)
Nan Kay said... (2/27/11 4:33 PM) Reply
wonderful coat. Love your creativity.
JillyBe said... (2/27/11 4:25 PM) Reply
Amazing work! I'll be making a winter coat next year, and I'll be referring to this review - great info on the armscyes, thank you!

Oliver + S Cozy Winter Hood