Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2007-11 (Comfy & Cozy Cardigan)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08
Posted on:3/18/11 2:58 AM
Last Updated:3/28/11 3:54 PM

Rosesred said... (3/25/11 4:32 AM) Reply
Very constructive review, and I love your garment. The colorcombination is great, and Imo the looseness of the style is very becoming if you wear it as a casual topper.
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/21/11 4:19 PM) Reply
Excellent review and great looking cardigan.
AnneM said... (3/21/11 6:41 AM) Reply
Great cardigan! Very nice results.
Heatherrique said... (3/20/11 12:13 PM) Reply
Very nice looking cardigan on you! I did not think of the dropped shoulders (of which I am not a fan). As always, a superb review!
ryan's mom said... (3/20/11 11:29 AM) Reply
Looks so stylish and cozy!
Peggy L said... (3/20/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Very nice!!
LynneMR said... (3/20/11 3:08 AM) Reply
Fab detailed review! Your cardy-jacket is beautiful -it's a great style, love the buttons and the colour is lovely on you.
Terri A said... (3/19/11 10:31 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for the kind comments all... Patti, yes - I am thinking that the next one I should shorten the shoulder... :-)
JillyBe said... (3/19/11 12:50 PM) Reply
What a fantastic look on you! The buttons are such a perfect pop of color, love them! It all looks so yummy & cozy - Thank you for an excellent, thorough review.
Patti B said... (3/19/11 10:28 AM) Reply
Great cardigan -- so cozy looking! Will you shorten the shoulder seam on the next one? Thanks for such a thorough review and helpful construction photos.
Julia C said... (3/19/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Thank you so much. I need a cardigan! I have everything I need so just need to get tracing.
susiestitcher said... (3/19/11 7:53 AM) Reply
What a great looking cardigan. You did a super job, especially sewing on that firm thick fabric. Thanks for the great tips in your review and the photos. The coat looks really wonderful on you. Have lots of fun wearing it.
Mufffet said... (3/19/11 0:06 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. Really nice - good to have the info on sizing too. I like this, and am glad to know it runs large. I don't want sleeves to the ground on my short round form! Really nice buttons.
MaryDB said... (3/18/11 10:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - looks so comfy and warm. Nice work.
Sherril Miller said... (3/18/11 6:22 PM) Reply
Terri, I love it. The red buttons really make this one look more expensive. Lucky me! I have this pattern.
Christas said... (3/18/11 11:12 AM) Reply
Your cardigan looks fantastic! Love your fun button choices. The bag from your friend is very cute too.
Barbara V said... (3/18/11 10:56 AM) Reply
Attractive and cozy looking jacket. I really like the collar.
Ericaeli said... (3/18/11 10:46 AM) Reply
This looks really nice on you. I am glad to see it reviewed because I have this issue.
Aroura said... (3/18/11 10:24 AM) Reply
Beautifully done, love the color on you. Great buttons, and love the collar!
bananaoil said... (3/18/11 10:21 AM) Reply
Excellent review, thanks. I've admired this sweater in the magazine, thanks for pointing out the shoulder issue. Your cardigan looks very nice.
pterion said... (3/18/11 10:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful job on this jacket. It does look very cozy. I have this issue and am so glad you reviewed this topper. I actually do like dropped shoulders so your review has peaked my interest in making it!
jannw said... (3/18/11 9:33 AM) Reply
Great the collar and it looks so great on you
pfaffkj said... (3/18/11 8:45 AM) Reply
Tipping my hat -- wonderful review! And your topper is marvelous. It looks great!
Ecrulace said... (3/18/11 7:54 AM) Reply
Great cardigan - love the buttons!
Skaapie said... (3/18/11 7:23 AM) Reply
I like it. Although, also not a huge fan of dropped shoulders. And I love your buttons! They really add that extra zing to the garment :-)
Lori V said... (3/18/11 7:17 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty cardigan. I am with you , not a fan of dropped shoulders but I think it looks great on you. The collar, red buttons and patch pockets are great details and you see those things and not the dropped shoulders. The bag your friend made is fantastic, too.
Paris75008 said... (3/18/11 7:02 AM) Reply
Lovely cardi-jacket. The buttons really make it! Looks great on you
dbsewer said... (3/18/11 7:02 AM) Reply
Great cardigan. Looks very chic on you. Thanks for the photos and detailed construction tips.
squirrellypoo said... (3/18/11 6:03 AM) Reply
Really very nice cardi! I can feel your disappointment with the dropped shoulders as I'm not a big fan either (which eliminates half the Twinkle Sews book!), but it really does look very nice on you regardless, and all the fun buttons draw the eye away from the shoulders, too!