Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Eureka! Pants that Fit.">Fun with Fitting - PANTS Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5204 (Shirt, skirt, pants and bag)

Reviewed by:carolw

About carolwstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 4/9/02
Posted on:7/17/04 9:27 PM
Last Updated:7/22/04 6:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people
AnneM said... (8/22/04 4:39 PM) Reply
So, tell us what you really think about that skirt. LOL So sad that it didn't work for you.
Diana M said... (7/22/04 10:18 AM) Reply
Ummm, are you trying to say you didn't like it? LOL So sorry for your experience-- at least your shirt turned out well. I think that those in the contest who are waiting to post their successes maybe have the right idea, instead of (like me) we who just jumped right in enthusiastically charging full steam ahead -- and found a big "Oops."
Hilary said... (7/22/04 8:38 AM) Reply
That's too bad about the skirt! Sometimes nothing but banishment will help, lol. I am working on the pants now, haven't done the skirt~the jury's not in yet on the pants, but so far it seems ok, if a bit high waisted-but I'm short, so it could be me. There's still time, maybe you can find another pattern!
KitnRose said... (7/22/04 8:26 AM) Reply
I'm so sorry your pattern isn't working out. How frustrating! Though your description of your wadder had me laughing. Yeah, I've had a few projects where only a bullet or burning could improve them...
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/18/04 2:54 PM) Reply
I love this print!...very cheerful and spring-like. I can see this shirt as a lightweight "jacket" with a tank or tank dress underneath(...maybe after the contest, since the pattern doesn't have one). I really like this pattern for a wardrobe choice, looks like it has great possiblities!
Hilary said... (7/18/04 9:57 AM) Reply
This is the same pattern I'm working on :o) I'm still perfecting the sleeve fit, but I think I've almost got it. Your shirt came out very nice! Looking forward to your next review.
AnneM said... (7/18/04 7:59 AM) Reply
I think that top has a lot of flexibility! It has lots of possibilities. (Of course, I love prints.) Nice top. I look forward to seeing those pants reviewed, also.
Jay Cadiramen said... (7/18/04 1:00 AM) Reply
Carol, I like the blouse and think it would make a great piece for a casual evening occasion with a black shawl/wrap... good work!
CamsShel said... (7/17/04 11:12 PM) Reply
Carol, I love the shape of that type of shirt: yours looks great. If you added some contrast trim around the color, do you think you would like the fabrid better? Maybe the pink of your buttons...
KitnRose said... (7/17/04 11:06 PM) Reply
Great start! I'm a bit print-phobic, so I personally wouldn't wear this shirt alone, it looks like it'd be great under a jacket. But it does depend a lot on your face and figure and personality. Anyway, can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Diana M said... (7/17/04 10:28 PM) Reply
Great start with a great pattern, Carol. I think that print will blend with a lot of other colors; looks like it might go under a jacket, sweater or vest in the purple or the maroon/pink families. Nice for a "test" garment!

Understanding Sheer Fabrics
Understanding Sheer Fabrics

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern

Sewing Workshop Daily News Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)