Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3732 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Knitz

About Knitz
VA USA
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:3/1/11 5:32 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
iSewQuiltArt said... (5/11/13 6:28 AM) Reply
Great jacket! I am thinking of making this in denim shortly but View B, the shorter jacket with collar. Not surprised the hand crank rocks for straight stitching, I have an old Jones one that sews as straight as a pin, has to be seen to be believed!
JETrinity said... (3/2/11 3:29 PM) Reply
Nice jacket. So basic you will get a lot of wear out of this. "Peter in NYC" has convinced me these older machines are great for topstitching.
Karine said... (3/2/11 7:51 AM) Reply
What a perfect spring coat! It looks so nice on you and I love your topstitching on your old machine. I do the same thing - you can't beat those old mechanical machines for stitch quality!
MNBarb said... (3/2/11 7:17 AM) Reply
I think your coat looks really good. It's obvious that you are a perfectionist sewist. I'm not seeing any wrinkles and the fit and topstitching are very nice. I can't see the detail of the fabric but the herringbone sounds like just enough to make this coat special.
Christas said... (3/1/11 9:03 PM) Reply
I agree, sometimes you want a nice looking basic jacket. This one definitely fits the bill perfectly! How cool that the topstitching was done on a machine a hundred years old.