Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2011-7 (Verona - tunic dress)

Reviewed by:treefrog

About treefrogstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 2/13/08
Posted on:3/4/11 0:29 AM
Last Updated:3/4/11 11:06 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

SilvrGhost said... (3/31/11 9:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. It helped me!
Mufffet said... (3/17/11 4:56 PM) Reply
Very nice and I also am one who thought this would be only for the kids! Nice job! Love your drawing with the actual garment!
Christas said... (3/12/11 10:58 PM) Reply
I have this top on my list of things I want to sew from the issue. Thanks so much for your review. I like that you were able to use a mesh knit and have it turn out so nice ..... very pretty in your fabric choice.
Karin Mantefors said... (3/7/11 1:55 AM) Reply
Thank you! I have the pattern pieces cut out maybee I could get my act together today...Its the neckline treatment that Im interested in and I have big expectations for that pattern
Sherril Miller said... (3/7/11 1:44 AM) Reply
Can't believe you've already sewed this one up. It turned out great and I like the back neckline treatment.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/6/11 1:02 AM) Reply
Cute - I just recieved this magazine and was wondering what this would be like - lovely work!
FreyaStark said... (3/5/11 5:23 AM) Reply
A cute top, and I love the fabric.
Margaret said... (3/5/11 3:22 AM) Reply
I like it in the mesh -- not too poofy and more sophisticated, as ClaireEmily says. I really like how the pattern underlayer shows through a little too.
ClaireEmily said... (3/5/11 0:13 AM) Reply
Wow! I really like your top. When I first saw that pattern I thought that it would be too young and 80s for me, but your version is quite sophisticated. I might have to try it now =) (and man you are quick off the mark - this magazine hit my letterbox about 3 days ago!)
treefrog said... (3/4/11 11:07 PM) Reply
Thanks Izzie - I've just changed the size of the photo. :)
Izzie said... (3/4/11 7:14 PM) Reply
Your pic is small, but from what I can see, it looks really cute! Thanks for the tips on sizing and fabric requirements, very helpful for when I get around to making this. Great review!
jannw said... (3/4/11 11:41 AM) Reply
What a cute top..I do like the tiers..looks like it would be nice for a casual nite out..great info on the yardage and the tracing

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2007-106