Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2682 (Women's Tops)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/26/06

Best Patterns of 2007
Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:3/2/11 11:59 PM
Last Updated:3/3/11 0:07 AM

Heatherrique said... (3/4/11 8:54 AM) Reply
You look SEW fabulous in your new Jalie top!
Leslie in Austin said... (3/3/11 11:48 PM) Reply
You call this a four season top, but in my home the appearance of this top means Autumn has arrived! Love your version. Your hard work paid off!
callmeRuth said... (3/3/11 2:29 PM) Reply
Very nice! I like it made from the sweatshirt fabric. Great review.
Nan Kay said... (3/3/11 11:01 AM) Reply
Great review. Your top looks great. I can see where the type of fabric changes it completely! One more Jalie I would like to try
KD in ATL said... (3/3/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Great review! I have this pattern and wasn't happy with my first version - I should have lengthened the bodice as well. Your comments for adjustments will be very helpful when I made another version.
RisaJ said... (3/3/11 9:19 AM) Reply
Try folding down the collar in the back and it should make a cute little shawl collar effect in the front. I have made this pattern three times in three different fabrics and the neckline acts differently for all three depending on the fabric. Gives the top a different look - love this pattern. Now I need to try it in a heavier knit! Thanks for the review.
Christas said... (3/3/11 9:10 AM) Reply
Very nice top! I probably NEED this pattern! I love the fabric you have chosen - so perfect and looks very comfy!
becca a said... (3/3/11 8:30 AM) Reply
Your sweater looks so comfortable. I will have to make this top before the winter ends. Thanks for a great review!
GoSewGirl said... (3/3/11 8:21 AM) Reply
Nice sweater top. I like this pattern too, but remembered another reviewer's similar comments about the back neck. It didn't bother me, but then again I used a heavy cotton lycra so it's hard to compare. Your top looks so nice that I'm getting this pattern out again for some more versions of my own!
MNBarb said... (3/3/11 8:05 AM) Reply
I might shed some light on that swayback issue. There is something about this top that causes it to be more pronounced. I think it's the curved yoke. I had to do a MAJOR swayback adjustment by taking a horizontal fisheye dart across the seam of the yoke. You're right Jalie has a super-small armscye and very fitted sleeves. This is not a problem caused by your body. Another reviewer had issues with the floppy back collar and I wonder if it's caused by the choice of fabric. When fleece is used the collar stands up but with your softer fabric it's probably more likely to be floppy. In the end, you made really great top that has a nice shape and looks better than RTW. As you say, it's a versatile pattern and you can see how that perfectionism plays out in the next trial. Enjoy your cozy sweater!
mssewcrazy said... (3/3/11 7:36 AM) Reply
That looks really nice and a great basic for multiples now that you have it perfected.
Bonnie O said... (3/3/11 6:03 AM) Reply
Very cute! Worth the tweak time.
FreyaStark said... (3/3/11 3:35 AM) Reply
A comfy, cosy top by the looks of it.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (3/3/11 1:53 AM) Reply
I love your sweater. It looks great but so comfortable.

Simplicity 7520 OOP

by: FreyaStark

Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)