Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB043HR (Rainy Days Raincoat)

Reviewed by:Patty the Snug Bug

About Patty the Snug Bugstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 2/25/10
Posted on:3/4/11 0:30 AM
Last Updated:3/4/11 0:53 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

SewPie said... (4/22/11 3:53 AM) Reply
You are the most creative and clever person!! I am so inspired and cheered by your wonderful work and blog. I have even tried to sign mup to tell you so, but am not able to but I hope you read this! I love your house tour as well. We are just going into autumn here. I am a medium-skilled beginner sewer who is an addict but without much time at the moment, so it's great to live vicariously. Congratulations on winning the Spring Wardrobe challenge! That's how I got on to seeing your great work. From a fan in Wellington, New Zealand.
Flying Seamstress said... (3/5/11 7:57 AM) Reply
Well deserved "raincoat pride"; your coat is awesome!
Kathy in NM said... (3/4/11 9:54 PM) Reply
Amazing rain coat!!! I like the way you set the fabric design to the coat. The lining is a great surprise! Thanks for the in depth review.
Terri A said... (3/4/11 9:36 PM) Reply
It's very cute!
heathertyfeatherty said... (3/4/11 8:33 PM) Reply
So cute! I just took my dog out in the rain cursing my lack of appropriate rainwear. I can see this in my immediate future.
svenskaflicka said... (3/4/11 9:10 AM) Reply
This is very cute! I second the no-belt comment. It has a mod vibe that way. Love your blog!
Kat B. said... (3/4/11 7:57 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I also found the sleeves to be a bit tight and had to increase the fullness a little.
MNBarb said... (3/4/11 7:03 AM) Reply
I haven't loved this coat on everyone but your versioin is SO cute! I have to say you just have style, girl. You seem to look good in everything. I like the coat belted and unbelted and how can you even look great with the hood up? Again, nice work, another successful project!
Ms. Bijou said... (3/4/11 1:46 AM) Reply
Very nice! I actually really like it on you without the belt as well. I think the print is more flattering when it is unbelted. FANTASTIC job matching everything up and centering!

Understanding Knit Fabrics