Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8712 (Marcy Tilton Pants)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:3/4/11 5:36 PM
Last Updated:6/1/11 0:02 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by JillyBe using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

marthamyers said... (6/1/11 8:34 PM) Reply
Thanks for the entertaining and inspiring review. And your pants are fabulous. They fit you beautifully.
DorothyK said... (6/1/11 7:35 PM) Reply
I love these pants on you. Perfect fit.
marec said... (6/1/11 1:13 AM) Reply
These are adorable-they fit perfectly. I think Marcy said she cut hers smaller too...anyway, as soon as I finish my three new tops for riding I am going to copy you and make these.
LynneMR said... (3/28/11 7:10 AM) Reply
I love your pants Jilly. They look comfy and stylish.
Clareew said... (3/9/11 4:33 PM) Reply
Luckylibbet said... (3/9/11 12:24 PM) Reply
Jilly, these look terrific! BABES rock! (Heather)
JillyBe said... (3/5/11 12:00 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Your comments are making me think of these pants more as a "stylish upgrade" from sweats, rather than seeing "baggy oompah loompahs". The glass half empty or half full thing, you know. :D
BMH said... (3/5/11 11:55 AM) Reply
These are the most stylish "sweat pants" I've ever seen. Your design changes are awesome.
sky said... (3/5/11 11:20 AM) Reply
Those look great! I love the waistband and pockets. You did well in choosing in choosing the pattern for your fleece.
Peggy L said... (3/5/11 8:13 AM) Reply
These look great! I haven't even started yet:) I'm so glad to hear they go together quickly.
pfaffkj said... (3/5/11 7:36 AM) Reply
Great pants. Great review. And great big congrats for getting first garment of contest completed.
tess said... (3/5/11 6:51 AM) Reply
Your pants look great and super cosy - good luck in keeping the cat away from them tho' mine just love fleece! Great review thank you!!
Aroura said... (3/5/11 3:05 AM) Reply
The look great! Comfy, stylish and warm, who could ask for more? :D
JDpenelope said... (3/5/11 1:51 AM) Reply
Great pants, and it's your first pair. Thanks for the photos showing details and contrast fabric. Should be warm and much better than sweats.
Sherril Miller said... (3/4/11 10:29 PM) Reply
I wished I looked so cute in oompa loompa pants. These are adorable. The pockets and hem really add a designer touch to them.
sfshaza said... (3/4/11 8:11 PM) Reply
Jilly, these look GREAT on you!!!
sewtime said... (3/4/11 7:59 PM) Reply
Cute, comfortable and warm!!!
JillyBe said... (3/4/11 7:32 PM) Reply
Thanks all! & lol @ Barb! If purple were a good color for me, I'd be wearing purple fleece :D
MNBarb said... (3/4/11 7:18 PM) Reply
Somehow you manage to look svelte in these loose-fitting fleece pants. I love the contrast on the pocket and cuff. If I can't have spring I might need a pair of pants like this. I agree, fleece is such a breeze to sew. Let those other women wear purple as they age, I'm wearing sweats, probably feece sweats. Thanks for the inspiration.
Terri A said... (3/4/11 6:37 PM) Reply
The first one! Well, they look GREAT. You can totally wear these out. They look unique too, so that lends that extra something that surpasses sweats imho. :-)
emcrorie said... (3/4/11 6:37 PM) Reply
very stylish!
AnneM said... (3/4/11 6:32 PM) Reply
My favorite around the house pants I made from windblock fleece. They are definitely sweat pants, not even go to the grocery store pants. You are inspiring me, with your beautiful fleece top & these pants, to make myself some step-above fleece.
Athene said... (3/4/11 6:14 PM) Reply
Very cosy looking pants. Tips on sizing also very helpful.
SexiSadi said... (3/4/11 5:48 PM) Reply
Congrats on being the frontrunner! lol

Kwik Sew 3544