Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Era Jacket (Era Jacket)

Viewed 2086 times
Reviewed by:Londa Rohlfing

About Londa Rohlfingstar
Member since: 11/30/03
Posted on:7/19/04 10:40 PM
Last Updated:7/19/04 10:44 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Barbara Norwood said... (5/5/06 1:42 AM) Reply
Boy, that's quite a difference between where the shoulder/arm seam appears to be on the Croquis drawing on the pattern envelope, and where it actually shows up on a live body when made up.... I was concerned with the collar shape, thinking that was way to vertical a line below one's face, and your problems with the collar have thoroughly scared me off! Thank you for such a complete review.
LadyMurph said... (9/29/05 7:58 PM) Reply
Thank you for the thorough review. As as beginner I thought I could handle this pattern. Actually it was suggested to me by the Sewing Workshop rep at Sew Expo. I think I'll hold off for a while until my skills are better. There's no way I could turn out something as beautiful as your jacket!
Ann C said... (7/21/04 10:06 AM) Reply
Londa, your jacket turned out well. I have this fabric and had considered the Era but have definitely elilminated that option after reading this.
SouthernStitch said... (7/20/04 1:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for a wonderful review, Londa. I think it looks fine on you. But, now that I read your review, I would think twice about this one on me.
pharmercoon said... (7/20/04 1:24 PM) Reply
Londa-whew I'm exhausted just thinking about all that adjusting. I think it looks pretty on you. Really like the fabric.
JDpenelope said... (7/20/04 11:39 AM) Reply
Well, there are so many fine details and the fabric is luscious....but somehow, I agree with you, it just didn't come together...Very disappointing after all of your skillful tweaking. And if you can't tweak it, I wonder who could?
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (7/20/04 10:09 AM) Reply
I had looked at this pattern and skipped over it, but still wondering about it. I think I'll just keep jogging along to something else. Thanks for your honest review.
Annette H said... (7/20/04 8:45 AM) Reply
Londa, I have just been on the SW site, and looking at the Era drawing, I like yours better - especially the collar. The funnel effect is very chic, IMHO. To compensate for the too-wide side opening, you could wear the jacket over a shift in the same color or same fabric? I do love many of those SW styles - imaginative and fun. Thanks for a thorough review.
LindaS. said... (7/20/04 8:32 AM) Reply
Londa, it's amazing how you managed to come out with a great looking jacket after all you went through. I checked out what it was supposed to look like on the Sewing Workshop website and noticed it was just a drawing, not a real, live model. You just never know what you're going to get because, as you discovered, the drawing gave you a different impression, especially concerning the collar. You really did make lemonade out of a lemon so congratulations on that! And that fabric is gorgeous.
PVA said... (7/19/04 11:21 PM) Reply
It truly is a beautiful jacket -- I love the fabric! Great idea, your topstitching with both lime & aqua sulky. Sadly, I have to pass on that jacket. I'm too short & so is my neck! 8^O!

by: Sixtiesgir...