Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8620 (JACKET)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:3/5/11 0:25 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
marec said... (10/28/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Ann, this is so lovely on you, especially paired with black pants and jewelry. I am planning some winter projects and this jacket is sure to be one of them, after looking at your work. So pretty!!
KK404 said... (8/23/11 10:26 AM) Reply
Love it! We seem to have the same taste as I'm always finding myself reading your reviews and gaining so much useful info - thanks!
waltzqueen said... (3/17/11 4:02 PM) Reply
Tres chic!
VirginiasDghter said... (3/7/11 1:25 PM) Reply
Such a nice looking jacket and very well made! Nice work!
Michele W said... (3/6/11 9:03 PM) Reply
The fabric is WONDERFUL, and I love the jacket. You did a better job on selling me the pattern than the envelope picture!
janet said... (3/6/11 12:59 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket! Looks great on you. One of my FAVORITE things you have created.
SewWil said... (3/6/11 11:13 AM) Reply
Wow! I love everything about this jacket. It looks great on you. Good job!
Diane333 said... (3/6/11 9:20 AM) Reply
Ohhh, very very eye-catching. Love it.
JDpenelope said... (3/6/11 7:49 AM) Reply
Been there, done that -- as far as throwing/dropping important pattern pieces in the trash! But you saved the day, anyway. Thanks for the photos, too. Jacket is a keeper.
Christas said... (3/6/11 0:53 AM) Reply
What a fun jacket! Love the Mona Lisa print fabric. Your jacket looks wonderful on you. Great review!
lesliez said... (3/6/11 0:16 AM) Reply
Your jacket is fabulous!
beginagain said... (3/5/11 9:48 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I've looked at this pattern several times and passed but next time Vogue goes on sale it's mine. I love how you recovered from the cutting problems.
sfshaza said... (3/5/11 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks great!! I just love love that funky fabric. I have stayed away from this pattern because the FBA would be such a pain for me, but I've loved it since Dorothy made it.
DorothyK said... (3/5/11 6:38 PM) Reply
eThis pattern is a knockout in most fabrics, but yours especially. One would think you piecd it by design, rather than necessity. It's a real success.
magoe6217 said... (3/5/11 3:34 PM) Reply
Great jacket, Ann. Love your Mona Lisa fabric. I have this pattern. Will have to get it out and find some interesting fabric for it. Thanks for the review.
taylormade said... (3/5/11 11:52 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket on you! I'm so glad you made this up; I love the curved back and the zippered front; just right for a cool looking casual jacket. I don't usually make M. Tilton's patterns because they are not flattering through the chest and shoulders on me. They always seem a little too boxy, which I don't like. This pattern looks like it has potential. Your fabric choice is, as always, perfect! Loved looking at this. Do you find places to wear all your beautiful outfits??? Mary T
Barbara V said... (3/5/11 10:00 AM) Reply
Your jacket with unique artful fabric looks terrific on you and equally gorgeous in person! I like how you cleverly resolved the extra width in the back curved hem with a series of tucks.
marjenann said... (3/5/11 9:05 AM) Reply
That jacket is Neiman Marcus worthy!! What a spectactular garment. Your workmanship is the ultimate!
marjenann said... (3/5/11 9:05 AM) Reply
marthamyers said... (3/5/11 8:57 AM) Reply
Wonderful work, as always, and the result is a great jacket. Thanks for the review. I love MT designs but they do seem to run so large. It's always a bit of challenge to determine the right size. I love the pockets and the back of yours. And, of course, your choice of fabric for this jacket is divine!
hmacski said... (3/5/11 8:55 AM) Reply
love your version of this jacket. It looks much better than the version on the pattern envelope. Helen
carolynw said... (3/5/11 8:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - love the fabric - looks wonderful on you
pegsewer said... (3/5/11 8:20 AM) Reply
Great jacket! I think you need a trip to Paris to show it off---
MNBarb said... (3/5/11 7:42 AM) Reply
This is a jacket that looks as good from the back as from the front. How fun to walk around the Mona Lisa on your lapel (I think that's her peeking out). Thanks for including the zipper info, it was helpful to me. Another great garment!!
sewinfrance said... (3/5/11 4:41 AM) Reply
Another wonderful garment in spite of the the naughty sewing fairies causing cutting problems! (What a beautiful necklace!)
FreyaStark said... (3/5/11 2:15 AM) Reply
A very snazzy and distinctive garment. It looks just great with those pants and that jewellery. The fabric is not an obvious choice for such a pattern but it's worked really well.
Terri A said... (3/5/11 1:30 AM) Reply
Ohhhh I like it - that fabric! WOW!!!
Aixoise said... (3/5/11 0:41 AM) Reply
It's a knockout! Great with the jewelry and black slacks. You find the best fabrics - this Mona Lisa print is an inspired choice for this jacket. As always, thanks for the great review.

Understanding Knit Fabrics