Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1034 (MISSES' JEANS)

Reviewed by:loti

About lotistarstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 5/27/04
Posted on:3/6/11 10:48 AM
Last Updated:3/9/11 11:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Aroura said... (3/29/11 6:59 PM) Reply
Excellent jean and a perfect fit! Great review, this will be the first Vogue pattern I have added to my wishlist.
Nessa09 said... (3/13/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Those are an awesome pair of jeans! I love the lining!
ggf2005 said... (3/11/11 1:19 PM) Reply
Great job on the jeans. Get on the stairmaster or into a step class...your bum will come back!:)
Olivia Sews said... (3/11/11 1:16 AM) Reply
Loti, you make everything sound so easy and you are a very fast sewer! Great job on the jeans!
catalak said... (3/10/11 8:57 PM) Reply
I think your jeans look like they fit really well. Very stylish!
lacroise1 said... (3/10/11 12:43 PM) Reply
Great jeans and I love the facings too! You did a wonderful job..
Rosesred said... (3/10/11 12:29 PM) Reply
The fit on those jeans looks great. The contrasting lining is a very cute touch
squirrellypoo said... (3/10/11 10:46 AM) Reply
Great jeans!!
cleverkitty said... (3/10/11 9:34 AM) Reply
I have your bum and back Pockets help, stretch fabric while comfortable flatten everything out. I am in love with your facing and pocket bag fabric, makes these fun
BMH said... (3/10/11 9:09 AM) Reply
Wow! Thanks for explaining the fitting. And I think your bum looks great!
susiestitcher said... (3/10/11 7:47 AM) Reply
Great jeans. All your fitting paid off. I also have the flat bottom and disappearing backside issue, so I think you have done an amazing job here. I have wondered about leaving in a fabric stay underneath the front of my pants to help with the tummy area. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will try it next time.
JudyP said... (3/10/11 7:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful jeans! You did such a nice job on the zip, facings and topstitching!
JillyBe said... (3/10/11 3:55 AM) Reply
OK - you officially look hot in these jeans! The muslin work really paid off.
LynneMR said... (3/10/11 0:09 AM) Reply
Great job! You have achieved a lovely fit. I hope one day I can sew well enough to make jeans. Excellent detailed review.
Terri A said... (3/10/11 0:04 AM) Reply
You did an amazing job on these! I really like everything about them. You look very fabulous in them too. :-)
jannw said... (3/6/11 9:26 PM) Reply
They turned out great and a good fit in the back. No bum here, either, so I like to see the back views. I'll take another look at this pattern..sure looks good on you!
Flying Seamstress said... (3/6/11 9:25 PM) Reply
My first thought was "very nice jeans fit"!Sometimes we look so long at our bodies when fitting that our objectivity disappears ~ although we probably didn't have much to begin with. :) You've done well with this pattern & I look forward to the washed & hemmed picture.
Dale C said... (3/6/11 3:25 PM) Reply
I finally am understanding the disappearing bum... Mine seems to be travelling south a bit and might soon be headed to wherever yours went. :D Oh well... Your jeans are looking good though. Am looking forward to the finished hemmed up pic. that's another jeans pattern to consider.
JillyBe said... (3/6/11 2:13 PM) Reply
Jeans & fitted pants are next on my list of sewing obsessions - thank you for your review of this pattern.
MNBarb said... (3/6/11 8:49 AM) Reply
You must be my age if your bum went missing! Your denim version is coming together nicely. Stretch fabric, although it's nice to wear is tricky because of how quickly it turns your garment into the next largest size. I hope you're able to post a rear view when they're complete. Thanks for the details in your review.

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress