Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2232 (Geoffrey Beene)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:3/6/11 9:09 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
maggie said... (3/30/12 7:54 AM) Reply
I love the closure you used. The sweater knit is a great idea. I bought mattelasse at the same time I bought the pattern, but the sweater knit is more suitable. Great marriage of pattern to fabric.
JETrinity said... (3/8/11 12:52 PM) Reply
Lovely unique jacket in a basic color. I am sure you will be a lot of use of this. If not, send it to JETrinity-I'll pay the shipping and cost.
Catbird said... (3/8/11 8:15 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern forever and was inspired by the Threads article as you were, although nothing has come of it from my sewing room YET.... It's nice to see it made up and I really like the beautiful simplicity of your fabric and binding choices. Nice job! I hope you wear it often.
Barbara V said... (3/7/11 3:49 PM) Reply
It turned out beautifully in the knit. I have this pattern and hope to sew it one day too. Thanks for your review!
VirginiasDghter said... (3/7/11 1:05 PM) Reply
Very nice work! Looks great on!
DorothyK said... (3/7/11 12:32 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. I like the idea of the sweater knit. It makes the jacket doubly warm and cozy. Good job.
magoe6217 said... (3/7/11 9:10 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket, Martha. I have had this pattern for a long time. You have inspired me to pull it out of the stash and give it a try. Just hope mine turns out even half as nice as yours. Thanks for the review and inspiration.
Elemenopeo said... (3/7/11 8:45 AM) Reply
Lovely and actually very current style right now. I can't recall if I have this one or just remember it so well from Threads...huh.
lesliez said... (3/7/11 2:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I would have never thought to use a sweater knit for this one, but it works beautifully. I like yours better than the one on the pattern envelope.
FreyaStark said... (3/7/11 1:43 AM) Reply
A stylish and distinctive yet comfortable-looking garment.
JanJanB said... (3/7/11 0:09 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, looks lovely on you.
sewmaris said... (3/7/11 0:00 AM) Reply
Very flattering-great job! Maris http://sewmaris.com
sfshaza said... (3/6/11 10:28 PM) Reply
A lovely jacket, Martha! I tracked down this OOP pattern a year or so ago and it comes very dear on ebay. At the time I had a specific fabric in mind for it, but when I realized that it requires a very wide fabric my plans went out the window. I'll get around to it one day and I'll be glad to reference your review when I do! :)
carolynw said... (3/6/11 10:23 PM) Reply
Thisis beautiful - am praying I have not thrown out my pattern - never used it but I so want to now that I have your review!! Love that silk binding
Patti B said... (3/6/11 10:15 PM) Reply
I'm so glad that you kept the pattern and that it worked its way into the sewing queue. Lovely. Your use of silk binding is inspired.
SewWil said... (3/6/11 10:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I like the silk binding a lot. Nice touch.
Athene said... (3/6/11 9:38 PM) Reply
So very chic with the silk binding. A lovely jacket.
Christas said... (3/6/11 9:22 PM) Reply
What a very stylish jacket/cardigan with very nice details! It looks wonderful on you. The sweater knit and the silk binding look perfect together. I also really love the back seaming detail too.

Burda 9516