Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8709 (misses jacket)

Reviewed by:pegsewer

About pegsewerstarstar
Member since: 10/6/10
Posted on:3/7/11 7:50 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

lesliez said... (3/10/11 5:56 PM) Reply
Your top looks great, especially with your colorful necklace. This is my kind of top. I'm moving it up to the head of the queue.
Ann Smith said... (3/8/11 11:01 PM) Reply
So glad you reviewed this and so favorably. I have been working up to it. I love it on you.
grey ann said... (3/8/11 6:46 PM) Reply
I think yours looks better than her version,too.
Christas said... (3/8/11 5:33 PM) Reply
Your pics just make me smile! You look so happy in your clothes. You have a lovely sense of style that looks so nice on you. This is a wonderful outfit! Very nice sewing! :-)
DorothyK said... (3/8/11 12:58 PM) Reply
I agree that the pattern picture doesn't do this top justice. Thanks to your great review, I think many of us will be trying it. The jacket looks great on you. Thanks for your analysis.
nicegirl said... (3/8/11 11:34 AM) Reply
Love this outfit! It is cool and interesting but not crazy, just flattering.
Karine said... (3/8/11 8:20 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this shirt/jacket. I'm pleasantly surprised to see how nicely it drapes. Love the color you chose. Accessories are great, too!
Peggy L said... (3/8/11 6:46 AM) Reply
I bought this at a BMV sale when it first came out. Love your rendition and the way you have it "styled".
sfshaza said... (3/7/11 10:41 PM) Reply
Peggy, you are so right. This top is SO flattering and I did not expect that from looking at the pattern. Thanks for analyzing why it's such a great design. Of course I have the pattern, and now I really want to make it for spring. Thanks! (That color is especially pretty.)
pegsewer said... (3/7/11 10:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments! The only change I made to my regular size 18 was to add 2" to the bodice length (above the peplum). I always do this as I am 5'10" . It is made of 100% linen (wrinkle city but still love it!)
becca a said... (3/7/11 9:26 PM) Reply
What a great jacket. I love your garments. Your version looks so much better than the pattern cover.
JillyBe said... (3/7/11 9:05 PM) Reply
What a great looking outfit on you! And you are SO right - I wouldn't give this pattern a second look, but now I'm thinking it's a winner in the right fabric (the pattern cover is SO the wrong fabric, isn't it?) Thank you for this review! I'm curious too about the sizing - did you alter the pattern for fit at all? And what fabric did you use?
SewWil said... (3/7/11 9:04 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I love the color.
pterion said... (3/7/11 8:55 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and agree that it looks better than the pattern picture. I really like that you show how to accessorize your review garments and show your whole outfit. You look great!
mm said... (3/7/11 8:20 PM) Reply
Before reading your review I had just washed some fabric in preparation for making this shirt. Your review has really encouraged me. I also love Marcy Tilton patterns. How did the sizing of this one go? Some of her patterns have turned out a bit big. Your shirt looks great. Keep up the production line of interesting garments.
The Technique of Underlining Garments