Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5333 (Straight Skirt)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/8/11 10:50 AM
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
livvida said... (7/11/11 5:02 PM) Reply
I'm also in search of the perfect straight skirt pattern. Any luck finding one? Would love a recommendation!
JETrinity said... (3/13/11 2:00 PM) Reply
This will grow on your. Maybe you could add another piece from the pattern to help the skirt. I love how you get 3 views in one photo.
MichelleE said... (3/11/11 11:32 AM) Reply
I think it looks very pretty on you! Great job!
Diane333 said... (3/9/11 9:19 PM) Reply
I love to see your creations and your skirt is well constructed and I like how you estimate time to sew.
FreyaStark said... (3/9/11 3:23 AM) Reply
I think it looks really good on you, front and back. Maybe you will become fonder of it when you've worn it some more.
Terri A said... (3/9/11 1:13 AM) Reply
Cute skirt! You definitely have a tiny waist... front and back:)
drsue said... (3/8/11 8:50 PM) Reply
It's actually pretty cute I think. To get rid of that front problem you can fold out some of the darting. this will flatten out the front.
SewWil said... (3/8/11 3:54 PM) Reply
Great review! I think your skirt looks great in the pictures. Nice job on fixing your waistband and doing your lapped zipper. Reading this caused me to stand up and take a look at the skirt I am wearing today (Butterick 5466). It could be a little flatter in the front...
cleverkitty said... (3/8/11 3:09 PM) Reply
From the pictures it looks great and the fit looks perfect. Anything at my natural waist looks puffy it could be the style and not you.
janet said... (3/8/11 2:19 PM) Reply
I am also looking for the "perfect" straight skirt pattern--I have a shape similar to yours--only larger! My only suggestion would be to "peg" the bottom--it does wonders for the proportion.
Mufffet said... (3/8/11 2:09 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. :) Your waistband shows the care you took. The skirt fits you so well. I especially like the back on you. No pouching in under the posterior, nice smooth line, excellent zipper application.
EleanorSews said... (3/8/11 11:13 AM) Reply
Nice skirt but I see what you mean in the front. Did you ever consider using a 10 for the front and 12 for the back? You're on the right track with thoughts of either no darts or shorter ones in the front, but you might want to try muslining the 2 size variation. BTW I enjoy your reviews ~ there's often something that appeals to my 30-something DD.

All About Linings