Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Contest> MiniWardrobe2011 (MiniWardrobe2011)

Review submitted in Mini-Wardrobe 2011 - Expand Your Wardrobe Contest
Reviewed by:LynneMR

About LynneMRstarstar
Member since: 4/2/10
Posted on:3/9/11 11:29 PM
Last Updated:3/28/11 1:08 AM
sewinfrance said... (4/12/11 1:04 PM) Reply
Your wardrobe (and presentation) look really great, the pink wrap cardi is fantastic, congrats on your entry, have fun wearing them.
LynneMR said... (4/12/11 1:22 AM) Reply
Thank you again, for reading my reviews, rating them and leaving your lovely comments. It really makes my day!
Kelly D. said... (4/11/11 6:33 PM) Reply
I'm voting for your mini-wardrobe because you look so happy and put-together in every photo and your clothes really look like a wardrobe! Nicely done! It was a very tough decision as there were lots of really nice wardrobes to choose from!
Bonnie O said... (4/11/11 7:25 AM) Reply
Your wardrobe looks fantastic! I love how it provides so many different looks.
redheadgrrl said... (4/6/11 2:16 AM) Reply
Love, love, love this! I love that you can span the seasons beautifully--living in a place with volatile weather myself, I especially appreciate that kind of versatility! I love that nearly every one of these patterns is in my stash, and accessible for a beginner. I love the bold color and versatility (traits that don't often share the same space) of your cardi. I love the many looks you can create from a few pieces. And I love that you created these for yourself in what must, with 3 littles, be a sea of others needing you. "Smart" wardrobe indeed, Mama! Well done!
judy_m said... (4/5/11 2:57 AM) Reply
Your mini wardrobe is great
wingri said... (4/4/11 5:57 PM) Reply
A great wardrobe and the colours are lovely. Enjoy wearing it.
SandiZ said... (4/4/11 3:10 PM) Reply
A lovely wardrobe, I am sure that you will enjoy wearing it.
Gaynor Edgely said... (4/4/11 5:41 AM) Reply
A very versatile wardrobe
AnneM said... (4/3/11 7:27 PM) Reply
Congratulations. You made a GREAT mini-wardrobe, very flexible and versatile.
sky said... (4/3/11 2:01 PM) Reply
Great wardrobe. Love the wrap cardigan--it adds so much versatility!
JillyBe said... (4/3/11 12:18 PM) Reply
Your springtime/summer colors are so uplifting! What a great job putting them all together, and congratulations on a succssful first contest!
LynneMR said... (4/3/11 8:06 AM) Reply
So many kind and positive comments - thank you! I really appreciate your feedback!
IngieL said... (4/3/11 5:27 AM) Reply
A pretty wardrobe, everything is really nice.
Ericaeli said... (4/2/11 4:29 PM) Reply
What a pretty wardrobe. I really like the colors you used. Everything looks really nice on you too.
AquariJenn said... (4/2/11 2:21 PM) Reply
You've added many versatile pieces to your wardrobe. Great wardrobe!
loti said... (3/31/11 11:51 AM) Reply
Very cute wardrobe, you'll get a lot of wear from those pieces, they are classic.
Terri A said... (3/31/11 11:06 AM) Reply
I felt the same way about the contest! I learned so much. Your wardrobe is lovely.
annakeeton said... (3/30/11 7:25 PM) Reply
This is a great wardrobe.
21wale said... (3/30/11 4:41 PM) Reply
Gorgeous wardrobe! I really like all the color you incorporated.
Aroura said... (3/29/11 6:55 PM) Reply
What a beautiful wardrobe, I just love the colors and style on you! Everything goes so well together, you did fantastic. The silk top is my favorite piece, I think, though. Gorgeous!
blue mooney said... (3/29/11 6:11 PM) Reply
you got so many looks out of this! well done!
BMH said... (3/29/11 11:47 AM) Reply
This is so pretty and feminine. Everything turned out beautifully, and works together well. The cardi-wrap is so versatile. I've looked at that pattern, and think I'll have to try it now.
CTBarb said... (3/28/11 10:15 PM) Reply
Your wardrobe is wonderful. I love how many different looks you achieved.
Nessa09 said... (3/28/11 4:44 PM) Reply
Well I adore your wardrobe, and think it came out great!
lacroise1 said... (3/28/11 3:02 PM) Reply
I love your wardrobe! So cute and stylish and it all works so well together.
Peggy L said... (3/28/11 6:58 AM) Reply
Great wardrobe! Your composite review is excellent:)
Ecrulace said... (3/28/11 6:58 AM) Reply
Love the wardrobe and the way you have it displayed. Good luck!
Paris75008 said... (3/28/11 6:15 AM) Reply
That's a really lovely and wearable wardrobe. Everything works together really well and looks lovely on you. Great styling and accessorizing.
Rosesred said... (3/28/11 4:30 AM) Reply
Such a neat wardrobe! I love how many looks you can create with only four pieces. You obviously planned this very well, and it shows! All the colorcombinations also work lovely, imo.
Christas said... (3/28/11 1:25 AM) Reply
WOW!!! That is one very pretty and fantastic wardrobe! You should be so pleased to wear all those lovely garments - I know I would be very thrilled to add them to MY closet! :-)
LynneMR said... (3/10/11 8:51 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comments. Yes, I am a bit worried about sewing pleats into slippery fabric - so I might go with the New Look 6892, which might better suit this fabric anyway - and be a whole lot less frustrating! I've got another plain blue fabric in a lightweight cotton blend that might be better suited to the Vogue pattern. Once I've made my last three competition items, I might have a go at it then. As for the 3 kids factor - yes I get grubby too - I've just given up worrying and resign myself to heaps of clothes washing! Good luck with your entry.
sewinfrance said... (3/10/11 1:46 PM) Reply
Your colours, patterns, fabrics all look very nice, you have a good plan. (You are brave sewing silk with young kids--whenever I wear special fabrics, small, dirty hands always end up on me--ugh!). Good luck on the execution! A wardrobe contest is a great motivation. My kids are back to school next week so I can get motivated to with my entry....
cleverkitty said... (3/10/11 9:47 AM) Reply
I like your selection I made Vogue 8534 the pleats drove me crazy with the jersey fabric and I ended doing my own thing which turned out fine, I did not like the unfinished edge so I binded it with the same fabric. I wish I had your weather it has been cold gloomy and raining and the winter was very very snowy and long how I long for sunny hot days. Were headed into Spring with all this rain.

by: lamstu