Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5484 (Misses' Top, Tunic and Dress)

Reviewed by:JETrinity

About JETrinitystarstar
MI USA
Member since: 8/23/09
Posted on:3/11/11 2:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
marec said... (12/22/11 2:34 PM) Reply
I am buying some Butterick patterns today as they are on sale, and after reading your review, and seeing this gorgeous dress---> 5484 is on my list.
MNBarb said... (3/14/11 8:56 AM) Reply
Great dress on you. I love the fitted top and drapey skirt. The large scale fabric is so pretty.
Flying Seamstress said... (3/13/11 5:08 PM) Reply
What a great fabric, this dress is lovely on you!
JillyBe said... (3/12/11 1:32 PM) Reply
What a great use for that fabric - love the 'flower effect' with the ring. Thanks for such an informative review!
becca a said... (3/12/11 8:38 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! Thanks for the heads up about using a round, washable buckle. You use such lovely fabric in your creations.
Rebecca D said... (3/12/11 8:13 AM) Reply
You look lovely in that dress and for me a nerdy review is just fine.
Kim12469 said... (3/12/11 7:54 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. It's so flattering on you.
FreyaStark said... (3/12/11 1:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric!
AdaH said... (3/11/11 10:22 PM) Reply
Wonderful dress. Love the fabric..
Mazzygirl said... (3/11/11 7:54 PM) Reply
I absolutely adore your dress (that fabric is gorgeous!) & I adore your sewing space too! very nice! I wondered myself about not having the underneath part of the cross-over threaded thru the buckle, so will do what you did & put it thru as well... (makes more sense to me to do it that way anyway). I agree about the rectangular or square buckles too, would look strange to the eye to be on an angle... Lovely result & can't wait to see the other versions! PS. lucky you for having a husband to help out!
Ecrulace said... (3/11/11 7:48 PM) Reply
Love the colour and fabric - looks fantastic on you
LynneMR said... (3/11/11 7:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - well done! I love the style, fabric and finish. I agree that bias binding can be much nicer than stiff facings that can add bulk and want to keep escaping to the outside!
MissyBelle said... (3/11/11 5:56 PM) Reply
Wonderful colors and fits you nicely. Great job!
jannw said... (3/11/11 5:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric and it looks so good on you. Thanx for the detailed review. Wish I had a pattern cutter..
persevering said... (3/11/11 4:03 PM) Reply
Oh my (just read your bio) on top of being successfully partnered in life and having the sewing area that appeals to my sense of aesthetics more than any other sewing area, I've ever seen - you are a successfully partnered and a retired / engineer / manager / s.s. math teacher. You are truly inspiring! I now intend to read every review you have posted, to learn more from your sewing.
SewWil said... (3/11/11 3:50 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. Love your fabric. Thank you very much for the detailed review.
persevering said... (3/11/11 3:48 PM) Reply
I guess if your husband cut out for you - you may have a painful condition, which makes it difficult for you. Your sewing room is amazing! I like your dress too. Thanks for the review.
Christas said... (3/11/11 3:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for such an informative review. Yes, please tell us how to get our husbands to cut out our patterns. That's my least favorite part of sewing. Your dress looks very pretty and that fabric is so cool!
strongnow said... (3/11/11 2:44 PM) Reply
I love your dress and all of this information is so helpful. Any tips on how to get my husband to cut out my patterns?

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2008-37