Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2010-124 (Carrot Trousers)

Reviewed by:Irene Bullock

About Irene Bullockstar
Netherlands
Member since: 3/22/10
Posted on:3/12/11 1:01 PM

Lizz said... (3/13/11 1:32 PM) Reply
These pants look good on you! The diaper effect certainly is not apparent when you are standing. Love the fabric!!
UrbanSeamstress said... (3/13/11 5:52 AM) Reply
I'd say, they look really good on you! The puffiness while seated is probably inevitable with a cut like this: even the stick-figure model in the magazine photo isn't free from it.
Irene Bullock said... (3/13/11 4:27 AM) Reply
I've updated it with a link to the photo of the back. Also, the diaper look is more evident not when standing up, but when I sit. Then all the puffiness of the front comes to live, no matter how straight I sit.
Dale C said... (3/12/11 6:30 PM) Reply
Cool! When I was a little girl, I had a pair of jeans that were white with little flowers on it. I used it so much it had holes on the knees and okole and my mom had to patch them 'cuz I refused to stop wearing them. These remind of those days... :D
pterion said... (3/12/11 3:58 PM) Reply
I think these pants actually look very good on you. There is no photo of the rear view though so I'll have to trust you about the 'diaper look.' You've done a nice job on them . I always use Sandra Betzina's fly front technique too.

Fit For Art Eureka! Pants that Fit Pattern