Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3779 (Shirred Swimsuits)

Reviewed by:heathertyfeatherty

About heathertyfeathertystar
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:3/13/11 3:44 PM
Last Updated:3/13/11 6:01 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear

Other Projects by heathertyfeatherty using this Pattern

lovenicky said... (3/15/11 8:04 PM) Reply
Really great job! Thanks for this review as I've been looking at this pattern for a while.
KensingtonCrab said... (3/15/11 6:32 AM) Reply
Very cute and very flattering!
SarahSews said... (3/14/11 6:18 PM) Reply
Great job! I enjoyed reading your review. Your fabric choice is great. Good job!
ChristineBR said... (3/14/11 9:35 AM) Reply
That is lovely, and I will tell you that Victoria's Secret is using that fabric this season. I bet you saved a bundle compared to one their suits!
PJH said... (3/14/11 6:21 AM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks fantastic!
Carolyn.S said... (3/14/11 3:44 AM) Reply
Your bathers look fantastic, well done! I adore that fabric too, the print is just gorgeous...
SewWil said... (3/14/11 0:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful swimsuit! Great job. Makes me want to try one.
Raye Ann said... (3/13/11 11:32 PM) Reply
Great job! I tried swimwear two summers ago( we shall call that B.B., before baby) but never completed my project. Now I need to try again....I had trouble with the elastic. Did you apply per pattern instructions?
homejewel said... (3/13/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Good for you - it turned out great. I have done similar modification for bra cups and it worked fine. I love Kwik Sew swim suit patterns. I will never buy another RTW again when I can make them for less than $10 and they actually fit better!
JillyBe said... (3/13/11 8:11 PM) Reply
So inspiring! Thanks for some great ideas, and a wonderful review :)
ButtonFaith said... (3/13/11 6:49 PM) Reply
What a great idea making this into a tankini! Great idea for bra cups andalso the double ruffle! Looks fab on you!
FreyaStark said... (3/13/11 6:15 PM) Reply
A really snazzy swimsuit. I love the fabric.
Julia Bobbin said... (3/13/11 6:13 PM) Reply
Wowsers! You look awesome!
heathertyfeatherty said... (3/13/11 6:09 PM) Reply
ice pink stars, I barely used my serger at all for this suit! I only used it for the side seams. The rest went together on the regular machine, and I could have done the entire thing on it if I wanted to, so definitely give it a go!
ice pink stars said... (3/13/11 6:07 PM) Reply
*crossing my fingers* Please, please, please, please let me be able to do something this advanced in sewing.. at least in this lifetime! :) This is so gorgeous!!!! I don't even have a serger yet, but I dream of making things like this. Wow, it looks great. The tankini is very pretty!!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/13/11 5:59 PM) Reply
Lovely swimsuit. I am also planning to start sewing swimmers and have some KS patterns so I was very happy to see your promising review!
SandyTaz said... (3/13/11 4:22 PM) Reply
What a fantastic idea... making this swimsuit as a 2-piece! I am new to sewing and liked this pattern, except for it being a bodysuit. After reading your review and seeing how nice this suit is, I'm gonna have to go out and get this pattern. THANK YOU!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/13/11 4:07 PM) Reply
Great suit! Making swimwear is so easy isn't it? I was amazed how well it went for me the first time I tried it. Neat fabric you used too!
sunnysewer said... (3/13/11 3:51 PM) Reply
wow, I am impressed, that looks great.

by: FreyaStark

Favorite Things An Everyday Bag Pattern

Favorite Things An Everyday Bag Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Needle Nook Fabrics Queen Bra Elite