Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3779 (Shirred Swimsuits)

Reviewed by:heathertyfeatherty

About heathertyfeathertystar
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:3/13/11 3:44 PM
Last Updated:3/13/11 6:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
lovenicky said... (3/15/11 8:04 PM) Reply
Really great job! Thanks for this review as I've been looking at this pattern for a while.
KensingtonCrab said... (3/15/11 6:32 AM) Reply
Very cute and very flattering!
SarahSews said... (3/14/11 6:18 PM) Reply
Great job! I enjoyed reading your review. Your fabric choice is great. Good job!
ChristineBR said... (3/14/11 9:35 AM) Reply
That is lovely, and I will tell you that Victoria's Secret is using that fabric this season. I bet you saved a bundle compared to one their suits!
PJH said... (3/14/11 6:21 AM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks fantastic!
Carolyn.S said... (3/14/11 3:44 AM) Reply
Your bathers look fantastic, well done! I adore that fabric too, the print is just gorgeous...
SewWil said... (3/14/11 0:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful swimsuit! Great job. Makes me want to try one.
Raye Ann said... (3/13/11 11:32 PM) Reply
Great job! I tried swimwear two summers ago( we shall call that B.B., before baby) but never completed my project. Now I need to try again....I had trouble with the elastic. Did you apply per pattern instructions?
homejewel said... (3/13/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Good for you - it turned out great. I have done similar modification for bra cups and it worked fine. I love Kwik Sew swim suit patterns. I will never buy another RTW again when I can make them for less than $10 and they actually fit better!
JillyBe said... (3/13/11 8:11 PM) Reply
So inspiring! Thanks for some great ideas, and a wonderful review :)
ButtonFaith said... (3/13/11 6:49 PM) Reply
What a great idea making this into a tankini! Great idea for bra cups andalso the double ruffle! Looks fab on you!
FreyaStark said... (3/13/11 6:15 PM) Reply
A really snazzy swimsuit. I love the fabric.
Julia Bobbin said... (3/13/11 6:13 PM) Reply
Wowsers! You look awesome!
heathertyfeatherty said... (3/13/11 6:09 PM) Reply
ice pink stars, I barely used my serger at all for this suit! I only used it for the side seams. The rest went together on the regular machine, and I could have done the entire thing on it if I wanted to, so definitely give it a go!
ice pink stars said... (3/13/11 6:07 PM) Reply
*crossing my fingers* Please, please, please, please let me be able to do something this advanced in sewing.. at least in this lifetime! :) This is so gorgeous!!!! I don't even have a serger yet, but I dream of making things like this. Wow, it looks great. The tankini is very pretty!!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (3/13/11 5:59 PM) Reply
Lovely swimsuit. I am also planning to start sewing swimmers and have some KS patterns so I was very happy to see your promising review!
SandyTaz said... (3/13/11 4:22 PM) Reply
What a fantastic idea... making this swimsuit as a 2-piece! I am new to sewing and liked this pattern, except for it being a bodysuit. After reading your review and seeing how nice this suit is, I'm gonna have to go out and get this pattern. THANK YOU!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/13/11 4:07 PM) Reply
Great suit! Making swimwear is so easy isn't it? I was amazed how well it went for me the first time I tried it. Neat fabric you used too!
sunnysewer said... (3/13/11 3:51 PM) Reply
wow, I am impressed, that looks great.

All About Linings