Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5451 (Big Collar Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:3/15/11 10:39 AM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops
LynneMR said... (3/16/11 5:40 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and really suits you. You probably just don't love it yet because of the trauma involved in making it!! The colours and style are beautiful on you and I love the colour contrast/reverse of your fabric. Give it a little breather and I'm sure you'll come to love it!
FreyaStark said... (3/16/11 5:36 AM) Reply
It's a cute dress. I hope you become fonder of it and wear it rather than wasting all that effort.
Terri A said... (3/16/11 3:06 AM) Reply
You look very cute - I do hope you decide to like it.
lucylal said... (3/15/11 4:39 PM) Reply
I do hope your annoyances fade, because i think your dress is gorgeous.
SewWil said... (3/15/11 3:46 PM) Reply
Your dress turned out very well and looks GREAT on you! You may need to put it away for a while so you forget everything you went through to get to the final product. Sometimes that helps ;-)
VirginiasDghter said... (3/15/11 3:14 PM) Reply
Love that!
AnneM said... (3/15/11 3:07 PM) Reply
Love that fabric! Just put that in the closet for the summer & pull it out in the fall; then you'll love it.
JillyBe said... (3/15/11 2:52 PM) Reply
I think this is one of those garments that will be loved by you when you let it sit awhile - truly it looks SO cute! Your persistence to fix something & make it wearable is like mine lol! My chant is NO wadders, NO wadders, NO wadders...
cleverkitty said... (3/15/11 2:40 PM) Reply
oh my gosh this dress is so fun, You look so cute and upbeat. I know what you mean about annoyances, I have some that let me forget and then ones that interfere with me thinking I am a great sewer. Think of this dress as your charm dress because it does bring a sense of Joy to the beholder.
chickenlips said... (3/15/11 2:31 PM) Reply
This is really nice on you and I love the addition of the sleeves. I think you should put it away for a few weeks, and when you no longer feel the pain, try it on again and I'm sure you'll see it as everyone else does - a really cool dress.
Mufffet said... (3/15/11 2:03 PM) Reply
It is very cute! I know what it is like though,, to own something you don't want to wear because it just didn't work out. :) It *IS* pretty on you!
pterion said... (3/15/11 1:14 PM) Reply
This is a really WOW dress! Love what you did with the polka dots and the colors are great on you. I understand what you are saying about the fit but the design is so striking that no one but you will notice the fit issues. I agree with the other commenters that you should give this dress another chance.
sew2little said... (3/15/11 12:11 PM) Reply
I too think it's a great dress. Sometimes when the process of making a garment has been painful, we project our dismay onto the garment. This one doesn't deserve it, as it's really a striking dress.
thirteenstitches said... (3/15/11 11:39 AM) Reply
I LOVE it on you!!! I think you are being way too critical on yourself. Think RTW and your dress is beautiful. You look very pretty in your polka dotted dress : )
Christas said... (3/15/11 10:54 AM) Reply
I hope this dress grows on you. It is SOOOO cute! I love it, and for all of your hard work, you have sewn a wonderful dress. That fabric is just PERFECT!

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Decades of Style 3009

by: Sew Good

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

SewBaby Blankie Buddies Pattern