Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2947 (Halter Tops)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:7/4/02 0:30 AM
Last Updated:7/4/02 0:30 AM
Peggy L said... (12/5/02 7:57 PM) Reply
Lou - if you are narrow across the back you might want to cut that a little smaller. I think you could move it over the fold line a little.
Lou. said... (12/5/02 7:30 PM) Reply
I'm a a "string Bean" size 6 also :-) so the hint is fantastic thank-you.
Peggy L said... (12/4/02 12:12 PM) Reply
Lou - View B is the only one I haven't made- probably won't do one until spring. I think it would be great in the black stretch velvet. My only problems with it has been the elastic was too big - of course my daughter is a string bean and wears a size 6 in RTW.
Lou. said... (12/4/02 11:29 AM) Reply
Let me know if you make View B, I have just ordered this pattern for that view, and I have ordered some black stretch velvet to make it out of.
said... (7/4/02 6:11 PM) Reply
Peggy - I didn't use smaller elastic because Laura usually needs extra width in back. Because I made it without her here, I guessed - and I was wrong. In other KS patterns, I've had to drop way down in size to get the kind of fit - snug - that she likes. I'll have to try a smaller size in this one, too. I can't wait to try your idea, with the ties on the shoulder.
said... (7/4/02 10:44 AM) Reply
I didn't think about just dropping the size in the back - that would work. Did you cut the elastic smaller? It wasn't tight enough on Janet's. Also, this age likes their clothes tighter than we do!!!
said... (7/4/02 9:31 AM) Reply
Here we go again, Peggy! Parallel lives..... I made the same pattern, same view and it was too big for my DD. If you are considering this pattern, I would recommend dropping down a size, at least for the back on View D (maybe even more ...) I just love the idea of repeating the View D front on the back. So will Laura. Thanks, Peggy!
said... (7/4/02 8:19 AM) Reply
Chartreuse snakeskin sounds (I'm drooling)delicious,one of my alltime favorite colors.the tops look great and maybe I'll make one for my princess too.
said... (7/4/02 1:37 AM) Reply
Peggy, thanks for the review and tips. My high school dd would love this. She is very petite and the ones in RTW have been too big and low cut on the sides.

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used