Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Oliver + S> OS021MB (Music Box Jumper)

Reviewed by:CBrushNew2Sewing

About CBrushNew2Sewingstar
MO USA
Member since: 7/22/10
Posted on:3/20/11 10:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)    Baby clothes    Toddlers
Linda0902 said... (2/2/14 2:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I can't wait to make one for each of my granddaughters! Love your choice of fabric!!
Raye Ann said... (3/22/11 2:26 PM) Reply
thanks for the sizing info! that is really helpful. i have only sewn up one of my Oliver + S patterns so far (Hopscotch knit top), and it turned out too small for my daughter. many PR members also found that top a bit small, especially the sleeve width. if you make that one, go up a size from what the measurements suggest!
CBrushNew2Sewing said... (3/22/11 2:05 PM) Reply
Raye Ann - I cut out the 6-12 month size. My daughter is 10 months now and she wears 6-12 months in RTW...but this dress is VERY big on her. I could have taken it in about an inch on each side because I like a slim fit with jumpers, but I was lazy :) You can't really see that it's oversized in this picture, but it is. It was also very long, so I took it up a bit more than the prescribed hem. I like the look of the deeper hem on the inside anyway.
Raye Ann said... (3/21/11 10:56 PM) Reply
Completely adorable again! How did you find the sizing to run? Looks like our daughters may be very close in size.
janimal said... (3/21/11 4:33 PM) Reply
You did a LOVELY job, and what an adorable child. There is an O&S FlickR group, and I think your phot would be a lovely addition. I love this pattern and you did it justice. Keep sewing the O & S patterns, they are all wonderful!
CBrushNew2Sewing said... (3/21/11 2:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments! It's so fun to sew for my little ones...and it takes so little fabric!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/21/11 2:12 PM) Reply
Your daughter is precious! Love the styling, and that delicate seersucker! My late mom always chose beautiful seersucker fabrics whenever she made little jumpers for her granddaughters. You did an excellent job!
Mahler said... (3/21/11 12:45 PM) Reply
Very nice sewing project. A perfect model for a perfect dress. I love the fabric you used !
Sue W said... (3/21/11 10:14 AM) Reply
Adorable and oh-so-sweet (both the jumper AND your daughter)! You did a great job.
cleverkitty said... (3/21/11 8:59 AM) Reply
Your choice of the striped seersucker is perfect, so fresh and she looks so adorable :)
newmama said... (3/21/11 8:09 AM) Reply
Your daughter is adorable in her new jumper! I just started sewing Oliver+S patterns for mine and I do think there's something extra nice about the fit and the way they look in the end.
margk said... (3/21/11 8:03 AM) Reply
This is beautiful. You did a great job.
Mary Gillette said... (3/21/11 6:33 AM) Reply
She is just precious in her new dress!
Vonnevo said... (3/21/11 5:42 AM) Reply
A gorgeous little outfit on your cute daughter :)
Sewnsewmom said... (3/21/11 0:30 AM) Reply
Very cute! Yes, the O & S patterns are very nice to work with. Great review. Thank you!
Christas said... (3/20/11 11:43 PM) Reply
Awww.... this is such a sweet little jumper on your daughter. Nice sewing!

by: SewRuth

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern