Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 1627 (Men's Shirt)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:7/25/04 2:15 AM
Last Updated:7/25/04 3:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Christas said... (2/13/09 6:56 PM) Reply
I clicked on this review to see the pattern you used for your husband's pajama shirt. WOW! What a treat. The photo with the glimpse into his closet is so impressive. I know he must be so proud to have so many beautiful shirts sewn by you!
cc510 said... (11/12/05 6:45 PM) Reply
You did an excellent job!
Soph said... (4/6/05 8:56 PM) Reply
WOW! What professional work!!! You've definitely inspired me! Have you been taught by anyone? Regards Sophie
Karla Jones said... (7/31/04 8:59 PM) Reply
OMG! you did such a wonderful job. Professional quality.
bettymell said... (7/26/04 7:55 PM) Reply
Liana, you never cease to amaze me. Your sewing is quite outstanding and as beautiful as you are! :-)) Your model is cute, too.
Hilary said... (7/26/04 9:26 AM) Reply
What a beatiful collection of shirts. Liana! Your workmanship is impeccable, and I appreciate all the tips too! I will definately refer to them when I finally get aroulnd to making DH a shirt or two :oP
Sew it seams said... (7/26/04 8:07 AM) Reply
Thank you very, very much for this wonderful review. I am so impressed with your beautiful stitching and perfectly made shirts.
PixieCat said... (7/26/04 5:39 AM) Reply
So nice - it doesn't look homemade. Very professional detailing!
pharmercoon said... (7/26/04 4:39 AM) Reply
I like sewing shirts for my husband and sons. Hope you get best of Show. Good luck!
Liana said... (7/26/04 0:01 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for such nice comments! I agree that once you make someone a custom shirt, they'll never want anything else!
TanyaMT said... (7/25/04 11:14 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review. Thanks for sharing so many tips.
SandraB said... (7/25/04 10:27 PM) Reply
Wow!! great review Liana. Love your shirts. Very professional looking. THis has me thinking about sewing shirts for my DH now. I'm so impressed with your work.
alicia said... (7/25/04 9:02 PM) Reply
that's one heck of a row of shirts. Wonderful close-up shots. beautiful work!!
Jay Cadiramen said... (7/25/04 8:07 PM) Reply
Great review... thanks for the constructions details!
cindyann said... (7/25/04 6:59 PM) Reply
Wow, impressive work. Your workmanship is beautiful. I can see why you have won Best of Show.
Teri said... (7/25/04 6:57 PM) Reply
Liana, what a great review and so many wonderful shirts. I make shirts for my husband, but my collars are starting turn up after many washings. I will for sure try the Pellon. I second Gigi's comment about once you start they won't let you stop! My husband hates wearing RTW:) Good luck at the fair!
sewgirl said... (7/25/04 6:53 PM) Reply
beautiful collection-I like the labels you put in the shirts, as well as the monogramme-looks very professional.
drsue said... (7/25/04 6:43 PM) Reply
Wow! Very impressive.
Levone said... (7/25/04 6:32 PM) Reply
Wow, you have a wonderful collection of shirts that you've made for your husband. Great review!
AnneM said... (7/25/04 6:18 PM) Reply
That's a lot of shirts! I showed my DH, and told him don't hold his breath before I make that many. (I thought I was doing well making him a t-shirt, too.) ;) I think that is the same interfacing I used for DH's tie.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/25/04 6:18 PM) Reply
These are gorgeous, Liana, and the details are meticulous. I'm so grateful you posted this review today, as I've spent the afternoon with my nose buried in _Shirtmaking_ by David Coffin in preparation for starting KS 2777 for my hubby. I especially appreciate the detailed tips!
MsConnie said... (7/25/04 5:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful job, Liana! Great review - I'll bookmark it too, just for the tips! And your handsome model looks extremely happy in his custom shirt(s)!
Ann Smith said... (7/25/04 5:06 PM) Reply
I love the monogramed collar. Very cool.
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/25/04 5:05 PM) Reply
Lovely sewing, Liana! Your thorough review has me considering making shirts for DH. Thanks for the book reference. I'll be looking for that one.
Yestersew said... (7/25/04 4:29 PM) Reply
Really nice. I've always considered men's shirts a real test of skill because everyone knows what they should look like.I have made them for my husband, but he has a hard time visualizing what fabric on the bolt would look like as a shirt. He'd rather pick them out already made.
PVA said... (7/25/04 4:29 PM) Reply
Liana, what a great review -- thank you so much! Your work is always so professional, and these shirts are just great!
ConnieBJ said... (7/25/04 4:10 PM) Reply
I am more than impressed - such a wonderful job!
mamakooz said... (7/25/04 4:04 PM) Reply
I REALLY LIKE IT, YOU DID A SUPER GREAT JOB!
Gigi Louis said... (7/25/04 3:57 PM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt, Liana! I loved the glimpse into your DH's closet - those bright colors are wonderful. I too make my DH's shirts - once you start they won't let you stop. :-)
Mini said... (7/25/04 3:41 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review. Your shirts look great! I learned that in-seam sleeve placket from one of Nancy Zieman's books (I think she ws a student of Barbara Hellyer) and use it for all my long sleeve blouses and shirts. I have read Hellyer's original Sewing Magic book, but didn't know there was a sequel. Sherril, make your husband one custom shirt, and he will be hooked:).
Rustybobn said... (7/25/04 3:39 PM) Reply
Nice, Liana! Thanks for all of the tips and pictures. I'll definitely be bookmarking this for later reference!
Sherril Miller said... (7/25/04 3:33 PM) Reply
So very professional. Thank you for such a thorough review and all the hints about the packets and such. I'll definitely bookmark this review. Now if I can only get DH to stop wearing T-shirts to work.

Vogue Patterns 1164 OOP