Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 9672 (Corset)

Reviewed by:Carina

About Carinastar
Member since: 1/19/03
Posted on:7/25/04 5:49 AM
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Cleopatra said... (5/1/05 3:30 AM) Reply
Carina, after reading your review, I would love to make this top.
Sew it seams said... (7/25/04 9:23 AM) Reply
Carina, your review is very helpful. I, too learn with every single dress I make. I have made a few wedding gowns, but each time, it seems I try something different, and it helps to have this site to read of other's experiences with formalwear construction. I appreciate reading your reviews. I hope you will post the photos of the new corset you will make as well. BTW, the color is beautiful on you.
AnneM said... (7/25/04 8:36 AM) Reply
Well, it looks like it is going to look great! I love your informative pictures.
Carina said... (7/25/04 7:31 AM) Reply
@Clare: I made a wide leg trousers from a very lightweight cotton for the same occasion. It's black with a kind of viscose stitching (like soutache braiding) on top of it. You really can't see it properly in the picture, therefore I didn't bother showing it. But the cotton fabric is worth a picture, so I added it to the website! @Tini: yeah.... forgot to mention that: I always interline bodices, so this one is interlined as well, gives a nice body, too. By the way, sometimes you can pick up this pattern at ebay or other sites, who have OOP's. I got mine from a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, her website must be down at the moment, otherwise I would have linked it properly.
Tini said... (7/25/04 6:58 AM) Reply
I do make the same experience as you, but fortunately I made a muslin. I also recommend making an interlining too! But this pattern is just great. Unfortunately it is oop... :(
Gail S said... (7/25/04 6:29 AM) Reply
I know you can see all the mistakes, but it really looks very nice. Much better than I could do!
clare said... (7/25/04 6:11 AM) Reply
It fits you well and looks lovely! I have a load of curtain shot taffeta and was wondering what to do with it! What did you wear it with?