Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> Discover Something Novel (Discover Something Novel)

Reviewed by:Terri K

About Terri Kstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/19/03
Posted on:3/23/11 9:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Debbie S said... (4/12/12 7:49 PM) Reply
WOW loved the outifts on flicker. Please tell me more about the eshrug and relax a little top
Andys Mom said... (11/8/11 11:56 PM) Reply
How interesting. I have this same fabric in my stash except it is red and blue on a cream background. I never thought of using it on this vest though! I liked your review and the outfit looks wonderful. I loved the mix of colors and especially that this isn't something everyone else is wearing. Plus you won't find it at Kohls! I just bought the pattern and plan to do a color block look out of linen. Do you think this is a good pattern for a mid-weight linen?
marthamyers said... (3/26/11 10:44 PM) Reply
I love this, Terri! I knew I should've bought this pattern at Expo. It's next on my wish list after seeing how yours looks. Great choice of fabric.
JillyBe said... (3/26/11 1:43 PM) Reply
LOVE this vest!!! And the pants, & all of your combinations, for that matter! What a fabulous job of matching your fabrics in the vest - artistic w/o being overdone - very, very nice!
carolynw said... (3/24/11 4:44 PM) Reply
I love this - really love it - lookign through your other photos I think you are sewing my kind of clothes - I must get this pattern!!Your fabric combination for the vest is really nice - makes it areal eye catcher
JETrinity said... (3/24/11 12:16 PM) Reply
Your color combinations are so much nicer than what the pattern shows. Great job.
Patti B said... (3/24/11 9:22 AM) Reply
You have such a good eye for combining fabric and pattern and this is no exception. Glad you're feeling well enough to sew!
FreyaStark said... (3/24/11 8:51 AM) Reply
A distinctive and stylish garment.
VivianZ said... (3/24/11 7:43 AM) Reply
I love the look with the vest fabrics. Very creative.
sewtime said... (3/24/11 1:07 AM) Reply
Very cute, love your fabric!!
DorothyK said... (3/23/11 10:57 PM) Reply
Wow. What a good looking vest. The fabric is wonderful. I like the pants too. I agree they would have quite a different look in a drapy fabric. I like that they are narrow in the hip. I'm sure you will get lots of compliments wearing this outfit.

No Pattern Used Self-drafted teeshirt