Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Urban T-Shirt & Pants (Urban T-Shirt & Pants)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

Last Updated:3/26/11 7:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
JillyBe said... (3/31/11 1:44 PM) Reply
You muslin like I do....just the parts I think might need adjustments. And it's gotten me in trouble too lol! In the end though, you have a fabulous looking pair of pants!
Sherril Miller said... (3/31/11 1:29 PM) Reply
I bet the Sewing Workshop is selling more patterns simply based on your fantastic version of these pants. I know it's on my shopping list now.
Catbird said... (3/28/11 12:15 PM) Reply
These look like great spring/summer pants (if those seasons ever arrive again!), and the good news is that now you've worked out all the fitting issues you can whip up several more for yourself in no time. Your clever side dart was a brilliant idea and I suspect that it might have improved the fit over the original pattern. Good thinking!
FreyaStark said... (3/28/11 2:55 AM) Reply
I love the fabric, and it's the perfect mate for that shirt fabric.
BettyMike said... (3/27/11 3:13 PM) Reply
Nicely done Peggy. The pants look great, love that fabric!
carolynw said... (3/27/11 10:07 AM) Reply
Looks really nice Peggy
blue mooney said... (3/27/11 8:26 AM) Reply
Aren't you glad you put in the extra work for this great save? They look terrific with your Liberty shirt! It would have been such a shame if they had ended up in the trash. Yay for you!
cairncrew said... (3/27/11 7:32 AM) Reply
Love them! I use the Trio pants pattern as one of my TNT's and may have to give these a go too. Thanks for the great review.
Annette1 said... (3/26/11 11:14 PM) Reply
These are REALLY, REALLY cute, Peggy! Adding the side seam was a great idea, and I bet I would never have even thought of it. :o) I LOVE that FABRIC! The whole OUTFIT is darling.
Scheri said... (3/26/11 10:58 PM) Reply
Wow these pants are so cute. What a great addition for you to your Mini-Wardrobe.
lamstu said... (3/26/11 10:51 PM) Reply
Very cute pants! The fabric is perfect. I've seen the top a few times; good to know the pants work so well.
PegL said... (3/26/11 10:30 PM) Reply
Your pants turned out really cute! They look great with your new Liberty shirt!
renren said... (3/26/11 9:13 PM) Reply
Peggy, I won this pattern at the annual ASG meeting so I was so excited to see you had sewn the pants! Really nice, too! I'll be reading everyone's reviews before I start it but so glad you found the instructions and illustrations to be excellent.
mm said... (3/26/11 8:36 PM) Reply
They look great with your Liberty shirt.
Patti B said... (3/26/11 8:30 PM) Reply
Ohh, I love your pants and the fabric is lovely. How much did you end up shortening them? Your ensemble is so attractive -- you'll wear it all the time.
Christas said... (3/26/11 8:27 PM) Reply
You didn't just "make it work"; you made a great looking pair of pants. No one would ever know that these had needed any adjusting. Your wardrobe is coming along so nicely. I love these and the blouse you have already done! Very nice work and very helpful review!!!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns