Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2593 (Misses Tops and Headband Cynthia Rowley Collection)

Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Posted on:3/28/11 7:35 PM

Other Projects by renren using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

Nancy1955 said... (5/19/11 8:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I just cut out this pattern and was confused about Step 1 as well. Your explanation helped!
BJ1400 said... (4/2/11 8:55 PM) Reply
Looks great. I love the color too. Excellent review.
Margaret said... (4/2/11 4:17 AM) Reply
Looks great! Love the fabric -- more interesting than on the envelope pic. I would guess (along with cairncrew) that maybe the sleeved view uses the same body pieces, so the seam allowance is needed for that view but not for the bound armholes.
cerulean said... (3/30/11 10:12 AM) Reply
It looks great! It's going to be a really nice summer top!
rtrittel said... (3/29/11 1:55 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your entertaining review! I am at work and was laughing out loud as I read this - I got several dirty looks from my co-workers!! Great top!
jannw said... (3/29/11 1:58 AM) Reply
Very cute top..the gathering turned out great! I've run across that "trim before you do anything" also and wondered the same thing! Maybe someone knows...
treefrog said... (3/28/11 11:39 PM) Reply
Love the top! I agree with you about the back seam. Sounds so logical they way that you put it. But then logic is your speciality ;-)
Christas said... (3/28/11 11:32 PM) Reply
Very pretty top in one of my favorite shades of brown! The eyelet fabric is perfect. Yay you for the quick turn around on your fabric purchase. That is a great record!
katlew03 said... (3/28/11 8:57 PM) Reply
Turned out great. Love the brown eyelet. Also love the RPL blend for light summer tops.
cairncrew said... (3/28/11 8:26 PM) Reply
Oh very cute! I have this pattern and was looking at it yesterday for a possible to whip out some summer tops. The sleeve version might be why they have you cut the armhole on the sleeveless version. I'm assuming it uses the same pattern pieces, but I'll bet someone MUCH more knowledgeable than me has an answer, or maybe it's just one of those things. Anyway, fab top!
Understanding Interfacings