Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 8281 (sidonie)

Reviewed by:mochimo

About mochimostarstar
ITALY
Member since: 7/28/08

Posted on:3/29/11 4:29 PM
Last Updated:3/29/11 4:29 PM
mochimo said... (3/31/11 2:48 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your nice comments! To answer Joan1954's question about the "large" sizing, I correspond almost exactly to the Burda size 38 measurements. However, when I tried on the skirt it had a huge waist and there was also quite a bit of extra fabric around my hips. Believe me, it did not look good, not at all. I did not use the waistband and did not even measure it (maybe the waistband would have made things look better), but without the waistband the pattern has ca. 10 cm of ease at the waist and for me that is really tooooo much. Besides, the last Burda size 38 I made fits really really snug ;-) :-)
Heatherrique said... (3/30/11 2:56 PM) Reply
You look stunning!
Patti B said... (3/30/11 9:33 AM) Reply
Your determination paid off with a very flattering skirt.
LynneMR said... (3/30/11 1:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt.
HeidiBaccal said... (3/30/11 0:13 AM) Reply
Like it, its always nice to have a simple skirt as a staple in a wardrobe. And boy do I here you on how it feels to spend a month on a one day project lol!
Vintage Joan said... (3/29/11 8:09 PM) Reply
Very nice! This is the same skirt as a Burda envelope pattern I have (I'd have to check the number). I hope this question isn't too nosy, but are you sure about the "very large" sizing? Maybe you're a smaller size than you realize -- no one else who's reviewed this skirt has said the fit was large. :) :)
Christas said... (3/29/11 5:18 PM) Reply
Your skirt turned out very nice. I am so glad you were able to salvage it and make it fit. It's no fun to make good friends with your seam ripper, but it looks like it was worth it since the skirt looks so pretty.

Pin-up Girls PB-3200