Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8671 (Misses' 'Top)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

ConnieBJ said... (4/29/11 8:11 AM) Reply
I love it - but how dare you! I've been so trying to keep away from Marcy's silk screening, then you show up with this FABULOUS top and make me want to try it all over again! Thanks- or maybe her website should thank you!
annakeeton said... (4/3/11 4:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful wardrobe and the silkscreened shirt is too fabulous!
Sew4Fun said... (4/3/11 6:15 AM) Reply
Fabulous t-shirt! I want one! Thanks for the very helpful review too with photos of the screen printing. Just what I was looking for!
Rosesred said... (4/1/11 5:45 AM) Reply
How very cool that you printed this yourself! Great shirt.
SusiM said... (4/1/11 0:40 AM) Reply
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shirt !! It's beautiful !
DorothyK said... (3/31/11 2:52 PM) Reply
Wow. This t-shirt is fabulous. It looks like it would be very flattering to wear. I love your silkscreening. I have this pattern and now have the inspiration to use it. Thank you for your helpful review.
JillyBe said... (3/31/11 1:46 PM) Reply
Love love LOVE it!!! Now you've gone & totally inspired me - please come visit California again & we'll have a silk screening session ;-)
Sherril Miller said... (3/31/11 1:25 PM) Reply
The silk screening looks intimidating. However, it made your nice t-shirt into something special. Thanks for sharing the set-up photos. Now I have to youtube some instructional videos. Maybe I do need a new hobby.
Peggy L said... (3/31/11 12:46 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much! This was really such fun to make and I encourage you to give it a try.
JETrinity said... (3/31/11 12:08 PM) Reply
This is a shirt that I am drolling about and really wish I had. It just caught my eye. What work and originality. Great job and a pattern review winner for me.
Karine said... (3/31/11 9:07 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! I love your combination of fabrics, and the silk screens really make it.
Annette1 said... (3/31/11 1:07 AM) Reply
This is SO COOL, Peggy! I love what you've done, and I REALLY appreciate seeing the set-up. :o) Still LOVE that sewing room, too. :o)
carolynw said... (3/30/11 9:40 PM) Reply
Peggy I'm going to definitely steal this T shirt - it's wonderful. I am so ashamed - took a class in silk screening over a year ago and have all the necessary tools etc. but have not gotten around to making anything - you inspire me to get going!!
SewWil said... (3/30/11 8:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. I love the silk screening.
Catbird said... (3/30/11 8:06 PM) Reply
This is wonderful, Peggy! The combination of fabrics and the asymmetrical design are so perfect with the silk screening. To my eye, your placement and design decisions look just right. I love it, and I know I'm not the only you've inspired with your review today. Thank you!!
FloraNature said... (3/30/11 7:20 PM) Reply
Great art wear! I like the asymmetrical neckline.
pterion said... (3/30/11 6:35 PM) Reply
Very cool! Love it!
mm said... (3/30/11 5:56 PM) Reply
I am impressed.
Karendee said... (3/30/11 4:33 PM) Reply
Peggy, this t is sbsolutely fabulous!!! You certainly have master the silk screening process and I love your top. It just looks so trendy and upscale RTW. Congratulations!
Christas said... (3/30/11 4:23 PM) Reply
I LOVE your new top! I have never been tempted by silk screening until now, but I really want to make me a top just like this. Your fabric mix is so stylish and the silk screening is the perfect amount and style for the fabric. Impressive! :-)
sew2little said... (3/30/11 3:47 PM) Reply
Wonderful--and the tee looks great with your urban pants!
Scheri said... (3/30/11 3:44 PM) Reply
Peggy thank you for sharing this experience of this fabulous tee. It really is an incredible tee. The efforts to which you went are so well worth the beautiful outcome.
renren said... (3/30/11 3:22 PM) Reply
Very artistic with the silk screening, the mix of fabrics, and the asymmetrical neckline.
Re Becca said... (3/30/11 3:09 PM) Reply
You really can't just make a plain T-shirt can you? Why would you want to do that when you can do THIS! This looks stunning, I am going to have to try it one of these days.
thirteenstitches said... (3/30/11 2:53 PM) Reply
That is a REALLY GREAT T-shirt! NICE JOB ; )
Vonnevo said... (3/30/11 2:46 PM) Reply
Fabulous !!!!!
Elemenopeo said... (3/30/11 2:16 PM) Reply
wonderful shirt
sewinfrance said... (3/30/11 2:14 PM) Reply
Good work, it's a fun t-shirt!
PegL said... (3/30/11 1:49 PM) Reply
Wow! You told me you were making a "T-shirt"! This is more like ART! It's gorgeous!

Kari Me Away Kari Berries Lace Up Sund