Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4517

Member since: 11/25/03
Posted on:7/28/04 3:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

KiwiWendy said... (11/1/06 7:47 PM) Reply
Elaine this really suits you ... I liked the pattern so much that unintentionally I bought it twice. I really do need to stop procrastinating and keep being inspired by your version.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/10/04 9:56 PM) Reply
Pretty! Way to save a project!
Elaine Penney said... (7/30/04 5:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for the kind comments. Red has always been my favorite color. AnneM, thanks for the heads up about the bold. This is my first review. I knew that it would turn out bold if you inserted your copy in the wrong place, but I couldn't remember just where. Logic told me to insert after the colon, but my guess was wrong. So, thanks.
Danvillegirl said... (7/29/04 5:53 PM) Reply
Looks very nice. Thanks for the review of this top.
AnneM said... (7/29/04 2:52 PM) Reply
Very nice top, great color for you. You did a great job saving your top. (A side note: the reviews are a easier to read when not all in bold, which happens when you write between the b & /b in the template.) Your other top is nice also, but I like this color on you even better.
JeanetteE said... (7/29/04 10:34 AM) Reply
That color is so beautiful on you. Top looks great.
Harriet Rogers said... (7/29/04 9:05 AM) Reply
I think this looks terrific on you: very up-to-date style which you wear very well. Love the sleeves!
Doris Stewart said... (7/29/04 8:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review. I, too, like both tops.
KimB said... (7/29/04 0:31 AM) Reply
Thanks for your tips on how to control front gathering...I've been struggling with this myself. Your tops both look great, and I especially love the bright and cheerful colors, which I think are very flattering to you!
mickisews said... (7/28/04 9:47 PM) Reply
I don't think as a sewist, that anything can be too trendy. You can always make a trendy pattern in an inexpensive fabric, and get enough wear out of it before it goes out of style, without costing you too much. That said, I don't think this top is too trendy at all. I made a muslin of this pattern a few weeks ago that ended up being a "wadder" for the same reason as yours. I didn't like the way they advised you to attach the front elastic. Also, the fabric I chose didn't have a lot of stretch, so it came out too tight. I am going to try it again, however, because, even as a "wadder" I saw the potential. Thanks for the review :>) Micki
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/28/04 6:35 PM) Reply
Adorabe! Both versions of this top suit you beautifully,and I love these sleeves on you.
joan said... (7/28/04 6:22 PM) Reply
i like both of your tops. The colors are very pretty on you with your lovely hair.
Levone said... (7/28/04 4:48 PM) Reply
Pretty top! That is a very pretty red and it looks great on you.
moushka said... (7/28/04 4:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. Your top looks great! Not too trendy at all.
Hilary said... (7/28/04 4:24 PM) Reply
Pretty top! The red looks gorgeous on you!~of course red is one of my all-time favorite colors :o) Great review- I like the other top too.
aneri_masi said... (7/28/04 4:18 PM) Reply
I like both your tops made from this pattern, but I am more partial to this one. The sleeves look very cute and the color is my all time favorite :) Thanks for the explanation on the gathers.
Lynngray said... (7/28/04 4:00 PM) Reply
Great review. Color looks great on you also. And its not too trendy at all.

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Paper Pattern