Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6321 (misses dresses)

Reviewed by:Amberlove

About Amberlovestar
UT USA
Member since: 1/28/11
Posted on:3/30/11 8:20 PM
Last Updated:3/30/11 8:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Erica B. said... (4/3/11 10:21 AM) Reply
I have this pattern on my "To Sew" list. Please don't take this as being nasty, but you clearly chose the wrong fabric. This style is meant to be "light" and "fluid"... that's why fabrics such as silk crepe de chine were recommended. Your ITY knit is causing your version to hang "heavily". Sometimes you really need to use the recommended fabric. I hope you accept this as constructive criticism.
Amberlove said... (3/31/11 12:24 PM) Reply
Okay, I tried it with a thinner belt and heels and it does look better. Thank you for the help with styling. The fabric below the belt in the center front makes me look like I have some serious posture issues. Or maybe I'm overly sensitive.
EveS said... (3/31/11 0:55 AM) Reply
Honestly? I don't think this looks bad on you (and normally I don't care for this style). IMHO, you need a slightly thinner belt (maybe a little higher on the waist, too) and different shoes. The boots are cute...but not with that dress. This dress - to me - screams heels. But otherwise, you have a great figure for pulling this off. I say give it a second chance! :)

by: PattyE