Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1156

Member since: 12/13/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:3/31/11 5:24 AM
jodiehawley said... (2/16/12 8:18 PM) Reply
I disagree that the dress doesn't suit you. It really looks beautiful on you, and it is very professionally done. Great review as well., I may consider this one when I feel like making darts. ;) Thanks!
Dagmar O. said... (4/1/11 9:27 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely and looks beautifully fitted and constructed, but I agree with Becca's comment that you may want to shorten it slightly. I also tend to make my dresses longer but in looking at pictures (which never lie), a longer length can make some skirts and dresses look sack like and matronly.
Karine said... (4/1/11 8:52 AM) Reply
Sorry you weren't happy with the outcome. I think the dress is great and you got such a nice fit.
becca a said... (4/1/11 8:51 AM) Reply
The dress looks lovely on you. The neckline is gorgeous with all those darts, and the dress fits you perfectly. Maybe it will grow on you if it waits in your closet for a week or two. You could try shortening the hem to just below the knee and pegging it. Perhaps then you wouldn't feel it was sac-like (it certainly doesn't look like a sac).
NVK said... (4/1/11 6:42 AM) Reply
I really like the neckline of the dress. The dress looks great on you.
Sew tell me said... (4/1/11 3:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I love the fabric.