Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8534 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:redcleo

About redcleo
MN USA
Member since: 12/23/08
Posted on:4/5/11 9:54 AM

Quietgirl7 said... (9/18/13 11:50 AM) Reply
You look so cute in it!
MidnightBleu said... (6/18/11 10:52 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Love that you saved me from your mistakes. Raw edge finish on the neckline--seriously??? The top looks like a wardrobe staple--with the modifications you suggest.
lesliez said... (4/10/11 11:55 AM) Reply
Your top is adorable and I love that color on you.
renren said... (4/7/11 12:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the reminder about the 2/3 length on the neck binding and the twin needles for hemming knits. I really like your top and think you did a good job rescuing the project.
MNBarb said... (4/5/11 1:34 PM) Reply
I sense your disappointment upon the completion of a sewing project. It happens to me often. One gets all exited about choosing fabric, pattern and (here's the possible error) invisioning the PERFECT and attractive garment. That said, you did turn around what sounded like a wadder and made it into something you'll wear often. How creative!
nicegirl said... (4/5/11 11:05 AM) Reply
An unfinished neckline? What an odd choice on Vogue's part. Lovely job rescuing it! I can see how this would be the perfect Old Faithful in the closet, comfy but presentable!
thirteenstitches said... (4/5/11 10:04 AM) Reply
I made this top too ( mine is a wadder : P ) and totally agree with what you said about the neckline finish. I sewed the lines as pleats! Because the top is too big it worked as far as fit goes and I'm OK with the way it looks. I added a bias strip to the neck on mine too. Made that too long too : P WHY was this simple pattern so difficult for me? I like the fabric I made mine from and have not actually tossed it yet. Might take the binding off of the neck ( when I'm bored enough to rip ) and re-do it someday. Yours really came out cute. I like it : )

by: jenleeC