Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3109 (Skirts with Flounce Options)

Reviewed by:Debbie Spriggs

About Debbie Spriggsstar
WI USA
Member since: 10/4/02
Posted on:7/28/04 10:07 PM
Last Updated:7/30/04 10:01 AM

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Doris Stewart said... (10/7/04 6:34 PM) Reply
Thanks :-)
Debbie Spriggs said... (10/3/04 3:16 AM) Reply
Go figure, I'm not sure what's up with the link, but I used 3109.
Doris Stewart said... (10/2/04 10:35 AM) Reply
Love the skirt, love the outfit. Thanks for the review . . . but which pattern did you use? Review indicates 3109 but the pattern photo link goes to 3032 - looks like the same skirt, just curious as to which one you used.
jlg said... (7/30/04 1:28 PM) Reply
Very graceful, pretty outfit. It is very becoming.
Leslie in Austin said... (7/30/04 12:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Thanks for the detailed reviews and close up photos. Now to go read your Simplicity 5255 review to discover what magic you worked on that neckline.
ConnieBJ said... (7/30/04 11:21 AM) Reply
Simply lovely. the whole outfit is stunning
Debbie Spriggs said... (7/30/04 9:55 AM) Reply
Katherine, Meredith, and Teri, I just published a review of the top. Goldengirl, while the pattern recommends a casing, I used a fold-down approach, I will edit the review to show this. Thanks for ALL of your kind comments!!
goldengirl said... (7/29/04 9:00 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit! I love the fabric and the selection choices. Did you use a cap sleeve pattern from another pattern? Does the skirt have a casing or fold down elastic application? I really like this pattern. Nice job!
Danvillegirl said... (7/29/04 6:04 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt. I think the matte jersey makes a very nice flounced skirt. Very detail review was very helpful. I like the top also looks great together.
SandraB said... (7/29/04 10:29 AM) Reply
Love your skirt Debbie. THe fabric drapes beautifully on you, and it coordinates perfectly with the top. Nice job.
Teri said... (7/29/04 10:16 AM) Reply
Debbie, Your outfit is so stylish. I just love it. Thanks for the very good review. I will be waiting for the review on your top:)
Diane E said... (7/29/04 8:56 AM) Reply
Debbie, beautiful outfit and terrific review. I love the skirt length you chose and the lovely top. Thanks!
Hilary said... (7/29/04 8:40 AM) Reply
I love your outfit! And thanks for the tip about shortening from the top- I have to shorten almost everything, so I will try this! Great review!
Meredith P said... (7/29/04 6:24 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt and top. I too would love to hear what changes you made to 5255 (neckline and short sleeves). Is a review in our future?
AnneM said... (7/29/04 4:29 AM) Reply
Nice outfit, nice skirt. I really have to try that steam-a-seam.
Katharine in BXL said... (7/29/04 3:40 AM) Reply
Oooh, what a cute outfit! I love both patterns. (Topic change) How did you make the SIM neckline so modest? I added to the neckline and *still* it's TMI!
D1Diva said... (7/29/04 0:28 AM) Reply
I love your outfit! I like your shorter version of the skirt too. Very stylish!
PVA said... (7/29/04 0:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review. I love the print with that skirt -- colors are just right for you. No question, steam-a seam is making our sewing much easier!
SueV said... (7/28/04 11:04 PM) Reply
love the skirt and blouse - nice job, colors and style look great on you!

Marfy 2264