Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2829 (dolman-sleeved jacket)

Reviewed by:JoleneF

About JoleneFstar
IA USA
Member since: 1/26/04
Posted on:7/29/04 3:15 PM
Last Updated:8/20/04 4:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Eme said... (8/19/04 7:20 AM) Reply
Wow - the fabric really makes the jacket. Very stylish -- just love the pink chenille.
Catmama said... (8/19/04 6:07 AM) Reply
Adorable jacket, very flattering!
Schnauzer said... (8/18/04 11:42 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out really well. A pretty colour too.
AnneM said... (8/18/04 5:20 PM) Reply
Nice! What a great jacket for cool days.
Modiste Madness said... (8/18/04 10:47 AM) Reply
Looks like you did a good job on lining it. It is a pretty jacket. I would have never considered the pattern without your review.
Diana M said... (7/31/04 3:25 PM) Reply
I just pulled out McCalls 4494 to make up one of these for my gd -- I've reviewed the skirt, loved it! It comes in sizes 2 - 8.
JoleneF said... (7/30/04 10:41 PM) Reply
Thank-you for the nice comments. I did try my jacket on again and yes it is roomier because of the sleeves and also because the front is open on the view I made. I am a B cup, so that is one thing I don't have to deal with.
Sherril Miller said... (7/30/04 8:08 PM) Reply
I've had this pattern in my stash for a long time but I wory about needing to do a FBA. Do you think the dolman sleeves gives extra room in the bust? Your jacket is so cute!
SouthernStitch said... (7/30/04 9:25 AM) Reply
Your chenille idea was great! It's very fashionable both in fabric and color - good job and thanks for this review.
Debbie Cook said... (7/30/04 3:14 AM) Reply
Pretty jacket. Looks so snuggly. Good job on your first lining too!! Looks like you're sewing the "right way" to me.
JoleneF said... (7/29/04 9:33 PM) Reply
This was fabric I bought at JA's using a coupon off. Not cheap fabric but I have seen this same type of jacket in the stores for $30.00-$40.00. I have far less in this than that. My GD really likes it and if I can find an unstructured jacket pattern in her size 4-6 kids, I may try one for her too. I have some purple chenille that my husband hates and she loves!
Diana M said... (7/29/04 8:59 PM) Reply
Was this actually a bedspread, or did you purchase new fabric? I've been contemplating the same kind of thing -- the vintage chenille outfits for girls go for BIG bucks on e-bay, and I thought a grown up jacket like this would be fun! Great choice of fabrics, nice review.
AnneM said... (7/29/04 7:41 PM) Reply
Very nice - great use of the fabrics. (Not the best picture of you, & it still looks nice! )
PVA said... (7/29/04 5:26 PM) Reply
Really nice result, thanks for the review. You mention other fabrics -- I'm thinking maybe a really nice berber fleece?
Hilary said... (7/29/04 3:23 PM) Reply
I really like yur jacket-it looks better than the photo and drawing, IMO :o) I love the pink chenille, too, very cozy looking!

Shwin Designs Desmond Jacket